• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nrisimha

Shrew

Each deity has a special day in the Hindu calendar, what are the important moon-phases for worship of Lord Nrsimha?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sure, every deity has a auspicious day associated with it, birth Anniversary or the day of appearance. There may be other days associated with that deity. Nrisimha Jayanti on Friday, May 17, 2019. Exact day depends on the Hindu lunar/solar calendars - 14th day (Chaturdashi) from the New Moon in the month of Vaishakha (Shukla fortnight, the so-called brighter one), i.e., the day before Full Moon day. May 6th in 2020. 2020 Narasimha Jayanti Date and Time for Dallas, Texas, United States
(If I am wrong about something, members are welcome to correct me)

Last edited:

Shrew

What I meant is, 4thday of waning moon or 7th day of waxing moon, or something like that.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What I meant is, 4thday of waning moon or 7th day of waxing moon, or something like that.

My temple does Narasimha abhishekam when Svātī is the nakshatra (ruling star). It can fall on different days.

For 2019-2020 going forward:

7 Aug 2019 Wednesday Astamī
3 Sep 2019 Tuesday Pañcamī
28 Oct 2019 Monday Pratipat
24 Nov 2019 Sunday Trayodaśī
22 Dec 2019 Sunday Dvādaśī
18 Jan 2020 Saturday Navamī
14 Feb 2020 Friday Ṣaṣṭhī
12 Mar 2020 Thursday Caturthī
6 May 2020 Wednesday Caturdaśī
3 Jun 2020 Wednesday Trayodaśī
30 Jun 2020 Tuesday Daśamī
27 Jul 2020 Monday Astamī

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
14th of Waxing Moon, a day before full moon in that month, that is 'Shukla Paksha' (as we say, the 'bright fortnight').

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
My temple does Narasimha abhishekam when Svātī is the nakshatra (ruling star).
That is interesting, similar to KRshNa puja during RohiNi nakshatra.

Shrew,
If you are looking for a regular day, then I would say the lunar day is Ekadashi, because NRsiMha is VishNu , right?