• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NRA files for bankruptcy, says it will relocate to Texas

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
NRA bankruptcy: National Rifle Association files for Chapter 11 (usatoday.com)

The National Rifle Association, the powerful gun lobby that has been at the center of some of the nation's most heated debates over weapons rights, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Friday.

The NRA's bankruptcy filing in Texas comes after the New York attorney general recently filed a lawsuit seeking to dissolve the group. The New York AG, Letitia James, has accused the organization of diverting millions in charitable giving for "personal use by senior leadership."

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is designed to allow companies or organizations to restructure their operations, shed debt and emerge as a sustainable enterprise. But it can lead to dissolution or liquidation.

The NRA said it is relocating due to a "a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York."

The NRA said in a statement Friday that it is in its "strongest financial condition in years" and that it filed for bankruptcy protection to escape "a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York."

The NRA said it will shift its nonprofit registration to Texas to "enable long-term, sustainable growth and ensure the NRA’s continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom."

“This strategic plan represents a pathway to opportunity, growth and progress,” LaPierre said in a statement. “Obviously, an important part of this plan is ‘dumping New York.’ The NRA is pursuing reincorporating in a state that values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and will join us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom. This is a transformational moment in the history of the NRA.”

The group also said it is studying the possibility of relocating its headquarters or "segments" of its operations.

It added that it "expects to uphold commitments to employees, vendors, members and other community stakeholders"

They were being sued due to allegations that NRA executives were funneling millions in donations for their own personal use. So, now they're going to Texas.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I made a boo-boo in the thread title. I wrote "relocated" when it should just be "relocate." Would a moderator be so kind as to change it? Thanks!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
NRA bankruptcy: National Rifle Association files for Chapter 11 (usatoday.com)

The NRA said it is relocating due to a "a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York."

They were being sued due to allegations that NRA executives were funneling millions in donations for their own personal use. So, now they're going to Texas.
Great. The People's Republic of New York doesn't deserve the NRA or their money.

Leave that for people who value their freedom. New Yorkers have no freedoms anyways.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Great. The People's Republic of New York dont deserve the NRA. Leave that to people who value their freedom. New York has no freedoms.
Well Texas certainly deserves the NRA, corruption and all.

I know whereof I speak: I had the misfortune to live in Houston for a couple of years. What a dump. And what fat people. :D

Twilight Hue

I know whereof I speak: I had the misfortune to live in Houston for a couple of years. What a dump. And what fat people. :D

I would love to be in Texas. Had a great time in San Antonio when I was stationed there in the 80s.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I lived in Austin for a while and generally really enjoyed it there. It's about as Oregon like as it's possible to get in the state. But the reality is the same thing that happened in California and New York is happening in Texas. Big toxic IT companies move in, bring in lots of gentrification and out of staters, until property costs rise and price the locals out of their own hometowns.

Audie

Veteran Member
I lived in Austin for a while and generally really enjoyed it there. It's about as Oregon like as it's possible to get in the state. But the reality is the same thing that happened in California and New York is happening in Texas. Big toxic IT companies move in, bring in lots of gentrification and out of staters, until property costs rise and price the locals out of their own hometowns.

The hill country west of Austin is amazing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Texas is turning purple. Soon it will be that bastion of expropriated businesses, slave labor and collective farms that New York and California are today. And don't forget we bought surveillance systems from China so you better toe the line or you'll be in a reeducation camp before you know it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Texas is turning purple. Soon it will be that bastion of expropriated businesses, slave labor and collective farms that New York and California are today. And don't forget we bought surveillance systems from China so you better toe the line or you'll be in a reeducation camp before you know it.
I am confused by this accusation against Cali, NuEork and Teyuxes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, it might help if you got the spellings right. It's Kali, Nererk, and Texarkana. I got the last one straight from a map, so it's reliable information.

I heard there's beer in Texarkana, and they're thirsty in Atlanta.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Ever make it to Louisiana or Arkansas? Those states make Texas look like a bastion of civilization.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've met a number of good people from Texas. But I have also met a number of them here in Colorado, some of whom told me they left when their kids came along and they were forced to choose between the Texas public school system and anywhere else.

Overall I like Texans, but then overall I like most people, largely due the genetic defect my doctor told me I was born with. He said it was also responsible for me accepting a post as an Administrator on RF.

Twilight Hue

AOC is working on that right now.

AOC, Progressives Pursue ‘Truth & Reconciliation Commission’ For Trump Supporters

I'm sure she will be happy to be running the re education gulags.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ever make it to Louisiana or Arkansas? Those states make Texas look like a bastion of civilization.
We made few trips while I was in Houston, to San Francisco, to New York and to Boston (my wife had a reunion at MIT). Each time it was like coming home: normal sized people, normal city scale, a feeling of intellectual life and cosmopolitanism. In Houston, the hotels couldn't even change foreign currency!