• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that I have started my Bachelors degree does that mean does that i am one step closer to god?

john2054

Or will i at least get there when i graduate? In one and a half years time? I understand that these days degrees are a two a dozen, and i sometimes wonder why i spent all of this money on one. Who knows?!?

HonestJoe

You don't spend money on a degree, you spend money on an education. The degree is just the formal recognition of the process. They key thing to remember with a degree (indeed, pretty much any education) is that it's the start of a process, not the end. A (good) education should give you the core information and the methods to continue learning and developing in that field.

I can't help you with the god bit though, but in my experience, education moves people away from gods rather than the other way around.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Or will i at least get there when i graduate? In one and a half years time? I understand that these days degrees are a two a dozen, and i sometimes wonder why i spent all of this money on one. Who knows?!?

Hi John......... What subject are you reading? :)
No education or qualification can automatically draw you closer to God imo. A 19th century prophet wrote that some people make effort throughout all their lives and do not pass the first step towards God, and yet some people can take all the steps in a single moment of discovery..... effortlessly.

allfoak

Alchemist
Learn who you are John.
Your life on the outside is a reflection of your life on the inside.
Match them up and you will be happy.

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't forget the fun you had in college; and there was probably some maturing that went on. Also for some employers that answer is yes.

john2054

Well firstly in response to old badger, i am reading theatre studies and sociology joint honours. Although to be honest with you sometimes i really have to ask why on the grounds that the marks i get back aren't always very good. That being said, we are working on a team effort, and this project, when in completion, will have taken five years and the support of more than just a few close individuals, not to mention the cat (the latest edition to my portfolio). If I cared, maybe i wouldn't be doing this. And then if i really cared I definitely would?! It's like a journey down the rabbit hole. You never know where it's going to end. As for the money I've spent, well you're looking at close to £20k by now. And i will have another ten on this by the time i finish. So am i paying for my education, nah. I'm paying for my degree. I pay the money, attend the classes and they give me a little piece of paper at the end, wearing a silly hat, just to confirm that i am far gone. I can't wait.