• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now I shall try write without google translate

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You Italians had your time in the Classical era. My people (the Dutch) had their fun a few centuries back(And now it's coming back at us to bite us in the *** because of our past endeavors of conquest and slavery). Now it's someone else's turn! :p
It's curious that Erasmus and Spinoza are worshipped like gods here. More than Giordano Bruno.:p

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Now I shall try write my posts in this forum without google translate. Im from norway and i'm not so good in english, so since i became a member here I have used google translate to translate what i write from norwegian to english. Now I shall try stop doing that.. I want to try practice the english language :blush:

btw this post is without google translate :blush:
You write very good without google translate :)

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Norwegians I've known have all spoken fantastic english... But you guys tend to be hard on yourselves. Stop that! You're fine. :D
Well I'm not a ordinary norwegian. In school I struggled hard with english. I got low grades in english. And even today friends laught at me if I try to speak english since my accent sounds so norwegian.

But I have tried to practice english in many years now, and now I'm much better then I was. Now I can read english books, and understand almost everything.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Well I'm not a ordinary norwegian. In school I struggled hard with english. I got low grades in english. And even today friends laught at me if I try to speak english since my accent sounds so norwegian.

But I have tried to practice english in many years now, and now I'm much better then I was. Now I can read english books, and understand almost everything.

You know, I actually love Norsk and have toyed with the idea of learning it. It's a beautiful language, and I love the linguistic similarities between it and English.

If I were to choose another language to learn, it'd be that one. Only problem is that no one speaks it hardly where I live, so there really isn't too much of a point in learning it. Still, I would love to some day. :)

Back on topic though, like I said, stop beating yourself up... Your English, at least in the written form, is wonderful! :D