• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now foreign interest is piqued for visiting Taiwan.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'd say go for it! The more the better!

So **** off the belligerent country with the biggest army and a bucket load of nukes because it's cool.

Personally i think its bloody stupid, deliberately provocative and destroying relations that have taken half a century to build.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So **** off the belligerent country with the biggest army and a bucket load of nukes because it's cool.

Personally i think its bloody stupid, deliberately provocative and destroying relations that have taken half a century to build.
I've been wishing our dependency on Communist China goes to hell.

I hope to see that transpires into reality.

Looking forward to a lot more "Made in Taiwan' labels for the foreseeable future.

Suave

Simulated character

Looking forward to a lot more "Made in Taiwan' labels for the foreseeable future.

I'd expect our dependency on China for all the green renewable energy materials we'd like will last at least until sodium-ion batteries are made durable enough to replace lithium-ion batteries, this could very well take a decade or two. Until then, we should seriously consider having free and open trade between the U.S. and China.

ChristineM

Premium Member

And if that personal wish means nuclear war and millions killed would your reaction be..? meh!

Twilight Hue

And if that personal wish means nuclear war and millions killed would your reaction be..? meh!
That's why Communism needs eradication sooner than later. Let it collapse like the USSR did.

You really think the free world will fire the first nuke?

Twilight Hue

The U.S. already did that to Japan in 1945!
True but those were the very first ones. Guaranteed if it wasn't us then it would have been the axis powers and we would all be speaking German and probably Japanese assuming Germany let's them live.

Now we know what nukes actually can do to people. I think that's the difference now for future usage of nukes.

Technically the ones who 'fired' the first nukes were these guys....

Otto Hahn, Lise Meitner and Fritz Strassman.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's why Communism needs eradication sooner than later. Let it collapse like the USSR did.

You really think the free world will fire the first nuke?

Not sure about eradication of what remains is attitudes like yours. This world is big enough for different political views. If commercial communism works for them and they can supply you with what you need, whats wrong with that?

Who said the "free" (laughing) world will fire first? First or second it doesn't matter. But remember, the "free" world are the only ones who have actually used nukes in anger

Suave

Simulated character
True but those were the very first ones. Guaranteed if it wasn't us then it would have been the axis powers and we would all be speaking German and probably Japanese assuming Germany let's them live.

Now we know what nukes actually can do to people. I think that's the difference now for future usage of nukes.

Ja, Ich kann ein bischen Deutsch verstehen! ...:D Yes, I can understand a little bit of German!

Twilight Hue

Not sure about eradication of what remains is attitudes like yours. This world is big enough for different political views. If commercial communism works for them and they can supply you with what you need, whats wrong with that?

Who said the "free" (laughing) world will fire first? First or second it doesn't matter. But remember, the "free" world are the only ones who have actually used nukes in anger
It was used for survival but that could be argued I suppose and yes I would love to see the eradicating of the Communist system.

Not a single Communist regime worked. They all are totalitarian societies as far as I'm aware.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It was used for survival but that could be argued I suppose and yes I would love to see the eradicating of the Communist system.

Not a single Communist regime worked. They all are totalitarian societies as far as I'm aware.

Yet china is working and providing the US with considerable good, electronic equipment and finance. And is slated to outpace the us economy within a decade

Suave

Simulated character

State capitalism controlled by the C.C.P. has helped enable China to soon be the world's largest economy.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Technically the ones who 'fired' the first nukes were these guys....

Otto Hahn, Lise Meitner and Fritz Strassman.
Wasn't the nuclear programme aimed at Germany (that they might develop such), and when Germany was defeated, the option to use them against Japan became a possibility, given it would shorten the war, even though there was no indication Japan had any nukes or was even developing them?

Twilight Hue

I'd expect our dependency on China for all the green renewable energy materials we'd like will last at least until sodium-ion batteries are made durable enough to replace lithium-ion batteries, this could very well take a decade or two. Until then, we should seriously consider having free and open trade between the U.S. and China.
I don't see it ending anytime soon. We could probably go to war and still have trade relations going on to some degree.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't worry that increased visitation of Taiwan
will trigger China's attack. Their plans are what
they are already.

Twilight Hue

I don't worry that increased visitation of Taiwan
will trigger China's attack. Their plans are what
they are already.
I can't help but think one of their future live fire drills at some point will actually be their actual invasion force in 'disguise' and catch Taiwan off guard.

Since little ole' me thought of that possibility, I would think it would already have crossed the mind of an experienced military commander somewhere.

It is nearing fall now.

China planned Taiwan invasion in fall, alleged Russian intel leak claims

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

We should just agree to whatever China says including rewarding their bullying?