• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Belgium bans burqa in public places

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

Seriously speaking, is such covering required in this century?
If so why? please give your own reason and not what someone said few centuries ago which today in any case has moved both in time and space.

Love & rgds

Aquitaine

I don't think the Hijab or the full-body dress should be banned.

Just the part of the Niqab/Burka which covers the face.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Western Freedom" is disgusting hypocrisy.......
Let's just accept that every society is full of hyprocisy, including Islamic ones.
That's the nature of human beings, so in & of itself it isn't a real criticism.
But what's the real issue behind burqua banning? I'd say that security is a valid reason.
If people can possibly do physical harm in complete anonymity, then that is a problem.

I have a rather strange friend who is opposed to drivers licenses for religious reasons, yet
no one would argue that he shouldn't have to carry one when he drives on public roads.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
But what's the real issue behind burqua banning? I'd say that security is a valid reason.
The burqa is out of place in a secular environment of the European context. European nations have grew out of the eras of puritanism and religious atmosphere. the idea of having people who have no concept of the historical episodes that brought the new atmosphere to Europe and bring misogynistic ultra religious phenomena with them forces Europeans to once again confront religious strife that they drastically reformed in their own nations through the last centuries.

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Yeah, that's where Muslim women are oppressed. Belgium.
Talk about hypocrisy ...
So are you trying to tell me that we shouldn't criticise the oppression on Muslim women in the west because they are oppressed in Muslim countries too?!!!!

No problem, but westerners should stop lecturing us about freedom (especially when they mock Islam), or criticising oppression in our countries as we are all suffering from the same thing -the lack of freedom-.....

Smoke

Done here.
So are you trying to tell me that we shouldn't criticise the oppression on Muslim women in the west because they are oppressed in Muslim countries too?!!!!
No, I'm saying you lack all sense of proportion.

No problem, but westerners should stop lecturing us about freedom (especially when they mock Islam), or criticising oppression in our countries as we are all suffering from the same thing -the lack of freedom-.....
Teaching Muslim women to dress more or less like Klansmen is not a good way to discourage Westerners from mocking Islam.

Aquitaine

Preventing women from driving cars can not be compared with banning them from practicing their religion freely!!!

Out of curiosity where in the Quran or Sahih Hadiths does it state that Muslim Women must wear the Niqab/Burka face veil?

Sahar

Muslim women there are allowed to drive cars & walk about unaccompanied by a male, correct?
Yet, they are banned from wearing niqab. In many European countries, even Muslim women with hijab face difficulties, they could be fired from their jobs because of the headscarf.

Smoke

Done here.
In many European countries, even Muslim women with hijab face difficulties, they could be fired from their jobs because of the headscarf.
That's ridiculous and wrong. There are almost no jobs where a headscarf can't be worn appropriately, safely, and attractively. However, the niqab and the burqa are another matter, IMO.

Aquitaine

No. They don't shower others with lectures about "freedom". :rolleyes:

There is a constant struggle between opposite societies in-which both of them constantly shower each other with lectures. That's just what happens when there's a disagreement. Besides, to be fair I think an important distinction needs to be made between what the people of a society say, and what the politicians say.

I can understand your disapproval of this "Freedom" talk, because we're not free and "freedom" can't properly be defined I guess. However, our societies arn't perfect and every country/culture has a habit of showering others with certain rhetoric.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There is nothing in the Qur'an to say the face should be covered so i don't see the problem with the ban,i think its a common sense security pracaution