• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre-Dame Cathedral is on fire!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
‘Get yer Haggis here! Chopped heart and lungs, boiled in a wee sheep's stomik! Tastes as gud as it sounds!’ (Groundskeeper Willie).

Hey, it does taste good, sliced and fried and served with a full breakfast. Wouldn't eat it boiled though.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Never had any. The description is enough to put me off. I'll stick to cawl and laverbread :yum:

Get up north, do the whisky trail, hotels will set you up for a days drinking of the single malt nectar with a full scottish breakfast

Niblo

Premium Member
Get up north, do the whisky trail, hotels will set you up for a days drinking of the single malt nectar with a full scottish breakfast

Done the whisky trail.....several times! (I was a Catholic at the time).

Once visited the MacCallan distillery. One wall of their shop had rack on rack of standard bottles, each holding a whisky labelled with a given year....from around the 1940's. The idea was to buy a bottle distilled on the year of one's birth. I was handed a price list: the highest price was around £1200; and the lowest around £800. I asked....in some amazement....'This much for a standard bottle??' 'Oh no', said the lass. 'This list is for the miniatures!' I kid you not. And no, I didn't buy one.

I did have a Scottish breakfast or three.....minus the haggis and the mushrooms!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Done the whisky trail.....several times! (I was a Catholic at the time).

Once visited the MacCallan distillery. One wall of their shop had rack on rack of standard bottles, each holding a whisky labelled with a given year....from around the 1940's. The idea was to buy a bottle distilled on the year of one's birth. I was handed a price list: the highest price was around £1200; and the lowest around £800. I asked....in some amazement....'This much for a standard bottle??' 'Oh no', said the lass. 'This list is for the miniatures!' I kid you not. And no, I didn't buy one.

I did have a Scottish breakfast or three.....minus the haggis and the mushrooms!

Funnily enough single malt is cheaper here than in scotland. I have a friend who lives on one of the isles, he makes regular half yearly visits to france to stock up. One of the brands he buys is distilled around 3 miles from his home.

Another guy i know, a Scot, lives close to me, he swears he only moved to france because the whisky is cheaper... A true scotsman.

Oh flash fried mushrooms beat fried haggis and are a (fairly) close second to oak smoke back bacon.

Niblo

Premium Member
Funnily enough single malt is cheaper here than in scotland. I have a friend who lives on one of the isles, he makes regular half yearly visits to france to stock up. One of the brands he buys is distilled around 3 miles from his home.

Another guy i know, a Scot, lives close to me, he swears he only moved to france because the whisky is cheaper... A true scotsman.

Oh flash fried mushrooms beat fried haggis and are a (fairly) close second to oak smoke back bacon.

Am reminded of the old joke: 'How was the Grand Canyon formed?'............'Scotsman looking for a nickel down a gopher hole '