• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing to hide, Indian Supreme Court

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Indian Supreme Court Constitution Bench hearings are now streamed live.

"In a unanimous decision taken at a recent full court meeting headed by the CJI, the top court decided to live-stream proceedings of all constitution bench hearings from September 27, four years after the path-breaking announcement by Justice Misra."

A Historic First: Supreme Court Livestreams Its Hearing On Sena vs Sena
This is a very imporant case for Government of Maharashtra. An adverse judgment can unseat the government.

ps: The government is safe. The Supreme Court rejected the old Shiv Sena's petition. It is about whose party is it; of a Dynasty or those who have broken away from it and are in absolute majority (something like 90%). Now the ball is in the court of the Election Commission. The Thakrey Dynasty my loose the party and the symbol, extremely important in Indian elections. That may decimate the Dynasty's hold and leave Thakreys in the cold.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The fear in the US has been that making them live will result in less seriousness and more playing to the media. Personally I think that's correct.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Indian Supreme Court judges have a long experience in Judiciary and their progress has been evaluated all through their career by panels of senior judges (and not by Government). They are wise enough not to play for the gallery. Moreover, it is not one judge that decides a case. And if someone feels that justice has not been done, then they can always appeal for a hearing with a new bench.

Yesterday's telecast was seen by 800,000 people. Today Supreme Court Constitution benches (we have four at the moment) are taking up 8 cases.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The fear in the US has been that making them live will result in less seriousness and more playing to the media. Personally I think that's correct.
IF that is the real reason THEN I applaud that

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yesterday's telecast was seen by 800,000 people. Today Supreme Court Constitution benches (we have four at the moment) are taking up 8 cases.
Lots of views. I am curious how the moneyflow is

Reality TV generates lots of income, I would not be surprised if the reason for this telecast is $$$

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is not a business venture. The proceedings are telecast through Youtube at the moment. Expense - nil. At a future date, Supreme court says that they will have their own channel which will not have advertisements. The Government of India will bear the cost. This also is not going to be a huge amount. The Government already has many web-sites. Probably the Supreme Court's own web-site will host it (unfortunately, at the moment Firefox says the site is compromised. The web-site maintainers are inefficient).

JIMMY12345

Indian Supreme Court Constitution Bench hearings are now streamed live.

"In a unanimous decision taken at a recent full court meeting headed by the CJI, the top court decided to live-stream proceedings of all constitution bench hearings from September 27, four years after the path-breaking announcement by Justice Misra."

A Historic First: Supreme Court Livestreams Its Hearing On Sena vs Sena
This is a very imporant case for Government of Maharashtra. An adverse judgment can unseat the government.

ps: The government is safe. The Supreme Court rejected the old Shiv Sena's petition. It is about whose party is it; of a Dynasty or those who have broken away from it and are in absolute majority (something like 90%). Now the ball is in the court of the Election Commission. The Thakrey Dynasty my loose the party and the symbol, extremely important in Indian elections. That may decimate the Dynasty's hold and leave Thakreys in the cold.
This is a good idea as encourages transparency.Thank you for sharing.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is why we are proud of our higher judiciary (state level and above). Supreme Court keeps an eye on them.