• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing is feeling right...

Toxikmynd

Demir
What do you believe? I'm thinking some type of pagan or non-Abrahamic faith may be suitable. Which faiths call out to you, if any?

Though I second what @YmirGF said. I stopped 'actively' looking ages ago and came to a realization I will probably never follow one. Which is kind of a shame, but there's no point in worrying about what can't be changed.

IMO it's probably best to prepare yourself to just have fun on your own path and walk with others who walk alone. Occasionally visit other scriptures and places of worship if you feel like it.

Pagan religions are where I feel right. Yet I tried Asatru for a number of months and it felt weird and I didn't like it/feel the connection. I have a love for Jewish religion, but not for myself.

Toxikmynd

Demir
Wasn't this thread started to discuss your beliefs about your religious beliefs? Theoretically that would rule out your belief in the Noahide Law about G-d. But don't worry! Jews will like you anyway! Try to find what's right for you, don't conform to other religions beliefs.

Generally, god will reward all of us for our good deeds anyway according to your belief am I right?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Generally, god will reward all of us for our good deeds anyway according to your belief am I right?

I'm not G-d to make such a statement. All I can say is, He will give you exactly what you deserve based on how hard you tried to be the best you could be in the framework He put you in.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I like that idea, truthfully, I like Druidic teachings, but modern Druids are really misguided IMHO.
I not pretty much close to nothing about druidic teachings. :)

The only thing I know is that the stone rings that I saw in Sweden, growing up, were most likely artifacts from ancient druidic traditions.

It wouldn't surprise me if druidic ideas were compatible with pantheism. They is probably a lot on common.

Toxikmynd

Demir
I not pretty much close to nothing about druidic teachings. :)

The only thing I know is that the stone rings that I saw in Sweden, growing up, were most likely artifacts from ancient druidic traditions.

It wouldn't surprise me if druidic ideas were compatible with pantheism. They is probably a lot on common.

Truthfully, I sort of created my own faith using what I knew as a child, I wasn't born into a religious family, so the things I claimed were sort of interesting considering god was never mentioned. I'll share it to anyone that asks in private.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Pagan religions are where I feel right. Yet I tried Asatru for a number of months and it felt weird and I didn't like it/feel the connection. I have a love for Jewish religion, but not for myself.
What about Celtic, Semitic, or even East Asian or African "pagan" faiths?

Toxikmynd

Demir
What about Celtic, Semitic, or even East Asian or African "pagan" faiths?

I have explored Celtic paganism, but it feels lacking in the foundation, even though I'm ethnically geared towards it (Irish-Scottish), never tried any others, unless you count voodoo.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I have explored Celtic paganism, but it feels lacking in the foundation, even though I'm ethnically geared towards it (Irish-Scottish), never tried any others, unless you count voodoo.
Check out other ones as well - you may find a pull in other directions.
If not, though, there's always your own road. :)

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Well keep looking - you don't have to settle on the first or even the second path you come across. I was drawn to Heathenry first, then to Druidism. I still find the latter fascinating but I for some reason Druidic/Celtic gods don't fascinate me as nearly as much as the Greek ones do - hence why I've settled on Hellenism for now. That said, I do like some Druidic concepts such as 'reincarnation because life is a learning experience'. That's great.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't have a whole lot to offer in the way of advice, but I'm curious what it is about the various paths that don't feel right to you. Fwiw I think cosmology and theology have a lot to do with finding or rejecting a religion. If you don't connect with those nothing else works. That was my personal experience. The cosmologies, theologies and soteriologies of Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism don't resonate with me so those didn't work. Paganism and Heathenism have the same duality Christianity does, and I'm more about duality, but again, the theology and soteriology of Christianity don't work. The deity worship in Hinduism and Buddhism worked, but again, the cosmology, soteriology and theology didn't. Moreover, I don't feel a cultural connection to Hinduism, Buddhism or even Christianity, but I do to European Paganism. If I hadn't been introduced to the Norse pantheon first, I could probably easily adopt Celtic Paganism. I'm mentioning all that just to give you something to possibly delve into and examine as to why certain paths feel right or don't feel right.

Toxikmynd

Demir
If I hadn't been introduced to the Norse pantheon first, I could probably easily adopt Celtic Paganism. I'm mentioning all that just to give you something to possibly delve into and examine as to why certain paths feel right or don't feel right.

As I have felt about Celtic paganism, I was introduced to the Norse first and so it's harder for me to get the feel of the Celtic, yknow? Still, I don't have any literature or anything to base Celtic belief off of, where as I do with the Norse.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Truthfully, I sort of created my own faith using what I knew as a child,

I suspect that ultimately most people create their own faiths, often out of readily available parts. It is sad that some people fall sort of attaining that conquest.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.......and I have tried Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, etc etc, .....
Peace be on you. Can you please tell how do you try various religions, do you go to their places [mission houses, places of worships] and meet their followers and discuss? or any other way?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
As I have felt about Celtic paganism, I was introduced to the Norse first and so it's harder for me to get the feel of the Celtic, yknow? Still, I don't have any literature or anything to base Celtic belief off of, where as I do with the Norse.

If you are interested in the Celtic pantheon, you could start with Wikipedia. Its religious information is pretty straightforward and reliable, in my experience. Besides, if there are references and citations at the bottom they can point you to books you might find at the library instead of buying.