• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing is feeling right...

Toxikmynd

Demir
I followed Asatru as you can still see, but it started to feel wrong, and I have tried Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, etc etc, yet I feel very empty with all of these. Judaism to me seems amazing, but I have found that monotheism makes less sense to me, and Judaism seems so out of touch with nature. I don't know where to try from here, and don't say become atheist, because I don't believe that we just happened from absolutely nothing. Share your opinions, and what religions I should try? Or enlighten me on one I already have? Nature is a very important aspect for me btw, I feel connected to our creator(s) when I'm in nature..

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Theres nothing wrong with being with the Creator with nature. Its not against scripture. Jesus went to pray alone in nature (not quite wooded trees). I dont know about Astur, but may e there are monotheistic faiths that 'center' around nature...on the pagan end of things?

I followed Asatru as you can still see, but it started to feel wrong, and I have tried Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Sikhism, etc etc, yet I feel very empty with all of these. Judaism to me seems amazing, but I have found that monotheism makes less sense to me, and Judaism seems so out of touch with nature. I don't know where to try from here, and don't say become atheist, because I don't believe that we just happened from absolutely nothing. Share your opinions, and what religions I should try? Or enlighten me on one I already have? Nature is a very important aspect for me btw, I feel connected to our creator(s) when I'm in nature..

Toxikmynd

Demir
Theres nothing wrong with being with the Creator with nature. Its not against scripture. Jesus went to pray alone in nature (not quite wooded trees). I dont know about Astur, but may e there are monotheistic faiths that 'center' around nature...on the pagan end of things?
Idk, maybe? I really need help though..

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Idk, maybe? I really need help though..
What I had done was wrote down all the morals and beliefs that I personally believed without adding those I learned. I wasnt raised religiois, so that helped with being open minded.

Once you havebyour beliefs written maybe post the public ones here and we can give you an idea or area to start your discovery?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Once you havebyour beliefs written maybe post the public ones here and we can give you an idea or area to start your discovery?
Personally, I think that is a very bad idea, to do this in such a public way. I agree with writing things out, but the analysis must be done by the individual (as long as they have the intellect of a kitten, it should be no real problem). That said, beliefs are powerful things and in my humble opinion, it is folly to air ones deepest thoughts in a public arena that becomes a permanent part of the Interweb. That said.... this reminds me of a piece that I wrote when I first got here about my own explorations a very long time ago.

The mind of a child | ReligiousForums.com

Tumah

Veteran Member
I'm with Ymir's first post on this one. Judaism is a difficult religion to follow and your beliefs will cause all sorts of problems if you were to try to convert. Better to admire it from the outside and find something that speaks to you on an emotional level and that will satisfy the beliefs you already have.
Forge your own path. It's a big world out there and there's room for everyone.

Jumi

Have you checked out non-religious Daoism? It seems like a good package so far. Nature is what it's all about.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What do you believe? I'm thinking some type of pagan or non-Abrahamic faith may be suitable. Which faiths call out to you, if any?

Though I second what @YmirGF said. I stopped 'actively' looking ages ago and came to a realization I will probably never follow one. Which is kind of a shame, but there's no point in worrying about what can't be changed.

IMO it's probably best to prepare yourself to just have fun on your own path and walk with others who walk alone. Occasionally visit other scriptures and places of worship if you feel like it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Follow your own nature and let the religions wallow in the dust... You'll miss them at first, but it gets better. You are alone, but need not be lonely.
Aye, to seek without seeking is one way.

(Did that sound pseudo-deep & pretentious? Good.....that's what I was going for.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I can see why you'd say that. I know, for me, it helps having feedback. Not feedback to define my belief but to have a good round of opinions of people who share that belief. Communion in diverse environment. I guess it helps more if someone already has a faith. If someone is trying to search for one, I guess this idea would work if he or she can separate their idea or belief from others.

Personally, I think that is a very bad idea, to do this in such a public way. I agree with writing things out, but the analysis must be done by the individual (as long as they have the intellect of a kitten, it should be no real problem). That said, beliefs are powerful things and in my humble opinion, it is folly to air ones deepest thoughts in a public arena that becomes a permanent part of the Interweb. That said.... this reminds me of a piece that I wrote when I first got here about my own explorations a very long time ago.

The mind of a child | ReligiousForums.com

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Share your opinions, and what religions I should try? Or enlighten me on one I already have? Nature is a very important aspect for me btw, I feel connected to our creator(s) when I'm in nature..
Nature is very important to me too. And naturalistic pantheism came very easy from being an atheist. The foundation is essentially the same, except that naturalistic pantheism allows for having rituals, spiritual language, and such, without the ties to anti-scientific religious ideas and practices.

I recommend Elements of Pantheism, by Dr Paul Harrison as an introduction.
Elements of Pantheism: A Spirituality of Nature and the Universe: Dr Paul Harrison: 9781490494937: Amazon.com: Books

Toxikmynd

Demir
I wouldn't probably convert but live by the 7 laws of Noah!
I'm with Ymir's first post on this one. Judaism is a difficult religion to follow and your beliefs will cause all sorts of problems if you were to try to convert. Better to admire it from the outside and find something that speaks to you on an emotional level and that will satisfy the beliefs you already have.
Forge your own path. It's a big world out there and there's room for everyone.

Toxikmynd

Demir
Nature is very important to me too. And naturalistic pantheism came very easy from being an atheist. The foundation is essentially the same, except that naturalistic pantheism allows for having rituals, spiritual language, and such, without the ties to anti-scientific religious ideas and practices.

I recommend Elements of Pantheism, by Dr Paul Harrison as an introduction.
Elements of Pantheism: A Spirituality of Nature and the Universe: Dr Paul Harrison: 9781490494937: Amazon.com: Books

I like that idea, truthfully, I like Druidic teachings, but modern Druids are really misguided IMHO.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Which one am I missing? Recognizing the oneness of god or something?
Wasn't this thread started to discuss your beliefs about your religious beliefs? Theoretically that would rule out your belief in the Noahide Law about G-d. But don't worry! Jews will like you anyway! Try to find what's right for you, don't conform to other religions beliefs.