• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing is black and white! Life is a nightmare circus! :-(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you ever done something a healthy conscience or any healthy advisor or wise voice of reason would tell you not to do, you did the opposite, and it was the best damn thing you could have done for yourself, others, God, or the Deity (s) you are devoted to?

This is a quote of mine I copied and pasted from another thread but is so applicable and worth repeating

I hate how confusing life is, where it isn't hardly ever clear when it is a good idea to accept correction.

Sometimes it's obvious!

But I've done things (every wise advisor would have told me not to do), that were the best thing possible for me.

I actually came to Minneapolis Saint Paul in the back of a Sheriff's vehicle, for doing something sinister.

And yet, living in the Twin Cities is the best place BY FAR I have ever lived , and very obviously my destiny.

Yet I got here doing what every wise voice, even my conscience, should tell me "Don't do that Spiderman! Terrible, bad idea!!!"

So, I'm just really confused. All is grey. Almost nothing is black and white!. :(

Viker

Häxan
You're correct. Black/white thinking is a cognitive error. But still, going against best advice is usually erroneous, too.

There's more color to the world than black, white and grey.