• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing in life is unimportant

Mark Dohle

(Photo by Patrice Lannett)

May 24—“Endure the daily thorns for love of Me.
This prepares your soul for acts of heroism.

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (Kindle Locations 2286-2287).
Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

One day as I was sitting in my room trying to read, I began to feel very impatient, tired, and so fatigued that I did not even want to rest. It was as if my whole body was in pain, but so diffused that I could not pinpoint it. Suddenly this thought came to me:

“This moment is very important, how you deal with it
lays the groundwork for how you will respond
to life’s constant instability.”

How to respond to fatigue, pain, and well, just everydayness? I guess it is a matter of one’s standpoint, and as the saying goes “perspective is everything”.

I will often tell myself, “What is the most loving thing to do”. It is not as easy as it may sound. To do the most loving thing, may mean doing the exact opposite of what I really desire. It pushes me off center stage, down there with everyone else. Forces me to take their reality seriously and to not be flippant. I love being flippant, just ask my friends.

I do know some people who will only do what they want for themselves, and if they do something for anyone else, there has to be some underlying reason for it that will benefit them. They are not mean people, actually, they can be very nice to be around. However, they are not trustworthy and they seldom have any real friends. For a relationship that is real, it always takes some sort of sacrifice if it is to grow and survive. The more we do for others out of real friendship and love, we find that yes, it is costly, but in the end, it brings a certain peace. Perhaps it is because it can in a healthy way displace the ego and lead to a deepening ability to listen to others and to appreciate the differences.

Do I do this? Not sure. I do know that being nice, helpful, loving even, does not always come from a pure motive. Not sure I have ever done anything from a stance that does not have some selfishness going along with it. However, I still live in hope that grace, as it does it slow work in my soul will bring it about. Of myself I can’t do much, with the help of God’s healing grace, yes hope abounds. I have learned not to grade myself. A waste of time and effort.

I have come to the conclusion that one of life’s meanings, is to simply get through the day, no matter how chaotic, or painful, and then go on to the next. I have found that in the moment, which all are important, there is a place of rest, and that is doing God’s will…..which is not always the easiest thing to do, but is, in fact, the most healing for all involved.-Br.MD

Neutral Name

One day as I was sitting in my room trying to read, I began to feel very impatient, tired, and so fatigued that I did not even want to rest. It was as if my whole body was in pain, but so diffused that I could not pinpoint it. Suddenly this thought came to me:

How to respond to fatigue, pain, and well, just everydayness? I guess it is a matter of one’s standpoint, and as the saying goes “perspective is everything”.

I will often tell myself, “What is the most loving thing to do”. It is not as easy as it may sound. To do the most loving thing, may mean doing the exact opposite of what I really desire. It pushes me off center stage, down there with everyone else. Forces me to take their reality seriously and to not be flippant. I love being flippant, just ask my friends.

I do know some people who will only do what they want for themselves, and if they do something for anyone else, there has to be some underlying reason for it that will benefit them. They are not mean people, actually, they can be very nice to be around. However, they are not trustworthy and they seldom have any real friends. For a relationship that is real, it always takes some sort of sacrifice if it is to grow and survive. The more we do for others out of real friendship and love, we find that yes, it is costly, but in the end, it brings a certain peace. Perhaps it is because it can in a healthy way displace the ego and lead to a deepening ability to listen to others and to appreciate the differences.

Do I do this? Not sure. I do know that being nice, helpful, loving even, does not always come from a pure motive. Not sure I have ever done anything from a stance that does not have some selfishness going along with it. However, I still live in hope that grace, as it does it slow work in my soul will bring it about. Of myself I can’t do much, with the help of God’s healing grace, yes hope abounds. I have learned not to grade myself. A waste of time and effort.

I have come to the conclusion that one of life’s meanings, is to simply get through the day, no matter how chaotic, or painful, and then go on to the next. I have found that in the moment, which all are important, there is a place of rest, and that is doing God’s will…..which is not always the easiest thing to do, but is, in fact, the most healing for all involved.-Br.MD

God bless you, Brother Mark.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Sort of along the lines of, Worry not , for you do not know what the day will bring". Living in the present is a universal sentiment , and is very good for health and wellbeing.

Regardless of religion or disposition, a very beneficial take.

Mark Dohle

Sort of along the lines of, Worry not , for you do not know what the day will bring". Living in the present is a universal sentiment , and is very good for health and wellbeing.

Regardless of religion or disposition, a very beneficial take.
Agree completely.

peace
mark