• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing from nothing, Can this really happen from a Christian Perspective

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ho really, but that does not explain exactly where the water and Atmosphere (air)
Came from, seeing how there's nothing mentioned in Genesis 1:2-14 about God creating them
the primordial waters, the deep doesn't come from anything based on the bible. the bible states that the deep was existing; when god breathed upon it and things came to be.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Look Good Spirit moved upon the waters.
Now where did the waters come from,
That there is no where in Genesis 1:2-14
Mentioning of God creating the water or the Atmosphere (air)
i've read the bible. you're not telling me nothing i don't know. it doesn't say god created the deep, the waters in genesis 1:2. this is why Jesus said you must be born of spirit and water. these are eternal things. uncreated things cannot be destroyed. they can be transformed though.

more of the same

Genesis 1:2 Commentaries: The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Deep[edit]
Darkness and "Deep" (Hebrew: תְהוֹם‎ tehôm) are two of the three elements of the chaos represented in tohu wa-bohu (the third is the formless earth). In the Enuma Elish, the Deep is personified as the goddess Tiamat, the enemy of Marduk;[5] here it is the formless body of primeval water surrounding the habitable world, later to be released during the Deluge, when "all the fountains of the great deep burst forth" from the waters beneath the earth and from the "windows" of the sky.[6] William Dumbrell notes that the reference to the "deep" in this verse "alludes to the detail of the ancient Near Eastern cosmologies" in which "a general threat to order comes from the unruly and chaotic sea, which is finally tamed by a warrior god." Dumbrell goes on to suggest that Genesis 1:2 "reflects something of the chaos/order struggle characteristic of ancient cosmologies".[7][8]

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But now the question is, When did God created the heavens and earth.
[...]
All we do know is by the dinosaur bones that date back to 6.4 millions of years ago.
The dinosaurs first appeared in the Triassic era, say 240 to 230 million years ago, and except for the ones that evolved into birds died out about 60 million years ago.

The Big Bang brought the universe into being almost 14 billion years ago. The sun and the planets, including Earth, formed about 4.5 billion years ago. And the earliest life we've found starts about 3.5 billion years ago, though there are claims that it started much earlier.

So perhaps it makes more sense to read the Genesis story of Creation as an acknowledgement of God as creator than as a guide to the times and processes involved.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
In my back tracking, going thru all my notes, which I should haved done. In my thinking on this nothing coming from nothing, I soon realized my mistake in over speaking myself.

So if I step on anyone's toes over nothing coming from nothing, I apologise.

But anyway, what I found is, That God himself spoke and the earth, sun, moon, stars and animals and fish, all came into existence from nothing.
Even the Universe it's self, God spoke and the Universe came from nothing into existence.
People can find this in the book of
Genesis 1:3-19

In the book of Psalm 33:9--"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast"

Therefore God spoke and all things and the Universe came into Existence from Nothing.

If it be said that such a thing came into existence from nonexistence, this does not refer to absolute nonexistence, but means that its former condition in relation to its actual condition was nothingness. For absolute nothingness cannot find existence, as it has not the capacity of existence" (Some Answered Questions,

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
In my back tracking, going thru all my notes, which I should haved done. In my thinking on this nothing coming from nothing, I soon realized my mistake in over speaking myself.

So if I step on anyone's toes over nothing coming from nothing, I apologise.

But anyway, what I found is, That God himself spoke and the earth, sun, moon, stars and animals and fish, all came into existence from nothing.
Even the Universe it's self, God spoke and the Universe came from nothing into existence.
People can find this in the book of
Genesis 1:3-19

In the book of Psalm 33:9--"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast"

Therefore God spoke and all things and the Universe came into Existence from Nothing.

Or we can agree with the secular view, that everything came from nothing, including no Creator. Brilliant!

Faithofchristian

The dinosaurs first appeared in the Triassic era, say 240 to 230 million years ago, and except for the ones that evolved into birds died out about 60 million years ago.

The Big Bang brought the universe into being almost 14 billion years ago. The sun and the planets, including Earth, formed about 4.5 billion years ago. And the earliest life we've found starts about 3.5 billion years ago, though there are claims that it started much earlier.

So perhaps it makes more sense to read the Genesis story of Creation as an acknowledgement of God as creator than as a guide to the times and processes involved.

It's like I said no one actually knows when God created the heavens and the earth.

All it says in Genesis 1:1--"In the beginning God created the heavens
and the earth. Period.

So who's to say when the Beginning was.
It could be Billions to Trillions of years ago

Seeing that God himself has no beginning nor end.
So who's to say when God created the heavens and the earth?
A Billions or Trillions of years ago.

Faithofchristian

If it be said that such a thing came into existence from nonexistence, this does not refer to absolute nonexistence, but means that its former condition in relation to its actual condition was nothingness. For absolute nothingness cannot find existence, as it has not the capacity of existence" (Some Answered Questions,

Only except God spoke and all things came out of non-existent into Existence.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thread title: Nothing from nothing, Can this really happen from a Christian Perspective?

Therefore God spoke and all things and the Universe came into Existence from Nothing

IF God is so Great then FaithOfChristian (+stvdv) is "close to nothing" trying to understand "Everything", Can this really happen from a God Perspective?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Only except God spoke and all things came out of non-existent into Existence.

I don't think of God's Power and God's Strength as being all things came out of non-existence.
To me, God's great Might, His Power and Strong Strength is Not non-existence, but does exist.
So, it is No wonder that Isaiah wrote God created out of His Power and Strength at Isaiah 40:26.
In other words, God provided the necessary abundant dynamic energy to create the material world.
Jeremiah 10:12 agrees that God supplied His Power for creating.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find Psalms 148:3-6 is in harmony with Psalms 33:9.
To me, His commands/words comes from His own Power and Strength.
God supplied the necessary dynamic energy needed to create the material world - Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12
So, God's Spoken Word, His Power, His Strength is Not nothing, but the Most Powerful Something.

Faithofchristian

I find Psalms 148:3-6 is in harmony with Psalms 33:9.
To me, His commands/words comes from His own Power and Strength.
God supplied the necessary dynamic energy needed to create the material world - Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12
So, God's Spoken Word, His Power, His Strength is Not nothing, but the Most Powerful Something.

Look, God's power is unlimited, all God has to do is give it a thought and then speak it and what nothing is now come into existence.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's like I said no one actually knows when God created the heavens and the earth.

All it says in Genesis 1:1--"In the beginning God created the heavens
and the earth. Period.

So who's to say when the Beginning was.
It could be Billions to Trillions of years ago

Seeing that God himself has no beginning nor end.
So who's to say when God created the heavens and the earth?
A Billions or Trillions of years ago.
The best evidence ─ and there's nothing like a few checkable facts to sort out questions like this ─ says the universe is about 14 billion years old and that the sun and planets, including ours, are about 4.5 billion years old.

Why not go with that, and if more accurate information comes along, make necessary changes then?

Faithofchristian

The best evidence ─ and there's nothing like a few checkable facts to sort out questions like this ─ says the universe is about 14 billion years old and that the sun and planets, including ours, are about 4.5 billion years old.

Why not go with that, and if more accurate information comes along, make necessary changes then?

Your asking a Christian to go along with man's teachings.
The very thing that Christ Jesus condemned the teachings of man's.

Now why I a Christian would want to against my Lord Christ Jesus to follow what Christ Jesus condemned ?

Therefore before there was a Universe or the earth or the sun and planets, including ours God was there before any of these things came to be.
It was God who spoke and all these things came into existence out of non-existent.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your asking a Christian to go along with man's teachings.
The very thing that Christ Jesus condemned the teachings of man's.
You surprise me. Please quote me the words of Jesus you rely on when you say that.
Therefore before there was a Universe or the earth or the sun and planets, including ours God was there before any of these things came to be.
What to you mean, God was 'there'?

You suggest there was no space, no time, no energy, no mass, stark absolute nothing. So with no place or time to be in, where was God?
It was God who spoke and all these things came into existence out of non-existent.
I think I asked you how some real thing can be created just by speaking, didn't I? What's the procedure, exactly?

Faithofchristian

You surprise me. Please quote me the words of Jesus you rely on when you say that.
What to you mean, God was 'there'?

You suggest there was no space, no time, no energy, no mass, stark absolute nothing. So with no place or time to be in, where was God?
I think I asked you how some real thing can be created just by speaking, didn't I? What's the procedure, exactly?

Ok. Christ Jesus said in condemning man's teachings
In Matthew 15:7-9---"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draws near unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

If you notice in verse 8, that Christ Jesus does not want people's lip service.
In other words, don't say anything unless a person is willing to back it up.

Don't talk the talk and not walk the walk they talk.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 15:

7You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draws near unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"
Thanks for that.

I don't see what 'the commandments of men' has to do with science, though.

After all, the Christian view is that God wrote two books, one of them the bible and the other the universe. Why would you say that the intelligent study of the universe is inferior to the intelligent study of the bible, if they have the same author? Especially since the bible had to be mediated by fallible men but the universe is in its author's own handwriting?