• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing from nothing, Can this really happen from a Christian Perspective

Faithofchristian

In my back tracking, going thru all my notes, which I should haved done. In my thinking on this nothing coming from nothing, I soon realized my mistake in over speaking myself.

So if I step on anyone's toes over nothing coming from nothing, I apologise.

But anyway, what I found is, That God himself spoke and the earth, sun, moon, stars and animals and fish, all came into existence from nothing.
Even the Universe it's self, God spoke and the Universe came from nothing into existence.
People can find this in the book of
Genesis 1:3-19

In the book of Psalm 33:9--"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast"

Therefore God spoke and all things and the Universe came into Existence from Nothing.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
In my back tracking, going thru all my notes, which I should haved done. In my thinking on this nothing coming from nothing, I soon realized my mistake in over speaking myself.

But anyway, what I found is, That God himself spoke and the earth, sun, moon, stars and animals and fish, all came into existence from nothing.
Even the Universe it's self, God spoke and the Universe came from nothing into existence.

In the book of Psalm 33:9--"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast"

Therefore God spoke and all things and the Universe came into Existence from Nothing.
Neither the Bible nor current science claim the universe "came from nothing".

"For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast"
no mention of nothing there.

" Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of thewaters." "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
No mention of nothing there either.

Faithofchristian

" Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of thewaters." "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Had you any clue or idea what the bible supports or Confirm's.

It's very evidence what Psalm 33:9 is actually saying.
( For he ( God).spoke, and it was done.
Just by this alone, speaks for itself.

God spoke and the earth appeared, that means from nothing.
( he ( God) commanded) and it stood fast.

When God spoke the earth appeared from nothing, As God commanded, and the earth came forth from nothing and stood fast from nothing.

It's so easy to understand.

sooda

Veteran Member

Some of the Psalms were borrowed from the Ugarit.

When God spoke the earth appeared from nothing, As God commanded, and the earth came forth from nothing and stood fast from nothing.

Faithofchristian

Ok from what your saying and showing here.
Doesn't prove anything.
All your showing back in Genesis 1:3-14, When God spoke everything into existence.

But nothing said about when God spoke the earth into existence.

The earth was already there,
as you have showed. The earth being covered over with water, but you showed no where when God created the water or the Atmosphere (air.)

When did God create the water and Atmosphere (air.)
Do you have any idea, when that was.
Seeing how its not made any mentioning of in Genesis 1:3-14.

sooda

Veteran Member
Ok from what your saying and showing here.
Doesn't prove anything.
All your showing back in Genesis 1:3-14, When God spoke everything into existence.

But nothing said about when God spoke the earth into existence.

The earth was already there,
as you have showed. The earth being covered over with water, but you showed no where when God created the water or the Atmosphere (air.)

When did God create the water and Atmosphere (air.)
Do you have any idea, when that was.
Seeing how its not made any mentioning of in Genesis 1:3-14.

Its a story for children. You can't prove myths.

The word “sin” doesn’t occur in the Hebrew Bible until chapter four. The concept of the devil isn’t invented until the first century BCE, 500-700 years after the Adam and Eve story was most likely written, and “original sin” is an idea first put forward by Bishop Irenaeus of Gaul in the 2nd century CE.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I like it

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

How could God speak? There was no oxygen.

Audie

Veteran Member

"It is so easy to make up any meanimg you like."

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I am confused are you saying God is nothing. God existed and if God existed when was there nothing?

To answer the question whether science or religion nothing can come from nothing at minimum potential had to always exist.

Audie

Veteran Member
yup. but that something existed before batboy.
As long as the existence is understood to a product of imagination, sure.

Anyway this moldy topic ( sumpin from nuttin ) is so
not worth another word. Do you have a scone recipe?

Faithofchristian

I am confused are you saying God is nothing. God existed and if God existed when was there nothing?

To answer the question whether science or religion nothing can come from nothing at minimum potential had to always exist.

Before anything existed, God spoke it into existence, God spoke and the Universe came into existence from nothing.

God spoke and the earth came into existence from nothing.

God does not need certain things, to make the earth from, All God has to do is speak and the earth appears out of no where.

God spoke and the Universe appeared out nothing into existence.

Audie

Veteran Member
Before anything existed, God spoke it into existence, God spoke and the Universe came into existence from nothing.

God spoke and the earth came into existence from nothing.

God does not need certain things, to make the earth from, All God has to do is speak and the earth appears out of no where.

God spoke and the Universe appeared out nothing into existence.

We are all more than adequately aware that you think so.
Terrif!
Why do you feel you have to be such a broken record?

Its Tire-some.