• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing Exists

godnotgod

Thou art That
That is so well explained godnotgod, you have been graced with true understanding..

Luke 8:10 And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.

Grappling with words must be the most difficult task in the world!

pico8

pico8
I also tend to think people are being deterministic when they use words such as good and evil. How can we, with our limited understanding perceive the world with objectivity. even science (based in fact) depends on the input
IMO with so much subjectivity and agenda in this world, including our own
can we see with true perception.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I also tend to think people are being deterministic when they use words such as good and evil. How can we, with our limited understanding perceive the world with objectivity. even science (based in fact) depends on the input
IMO with so much subjectivity and agenda in this world, including our own
can we see with true perception.

Yes! But any idea of 'subjectivity' or 'objectivity' must first be transcended.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yes! But any idea of 'subjectivity' or 'objectivity' must first be transcended.

Objectivity and Subjectivity can't be transcended, because this is a case where it is only black and white. Escape subjectivity, you've reached objectivity. Escape objectivity, you're seeing things by a certain thing's point of view, thus subjective.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Objectivity and Subjectivity can't be transcended, because this is a case where it is only black and white. Escape subjectivity, you've reached objectivity. Escape objectivity, you're seeing things by a certain thing's point of view, thus subjective.
It can be 'transcended,' because the divide that separates them is artificial. It's a single thought, an idea, and all it takes is one more idea to 'transend' it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Subject and object arise due to self identification in time and space with the body's perception, i.e. the I/ego is the subject and the object is all that is considered to be external to it.

Transcending of the self-referenced consciousness opens the 'portal' to the non-dual cosmic consciousness.

Nothing can be said of non-dual consciousness because language is based on conceptual understanding and thought has no place in transcendent awareness.

The word 'dhyana' means still mind and the long time practice of this type of meditation will lead to a mind that is free from interfacing with reality indirectly through conceptual representation which obscure the true reality which is not divided into two parts, but is eternally one and indivisible.

The Tao that is spoken of is not the eternal Tao. - Lao Tzu

godnotgod

Thou art That
The problem seems to be 'mind' itself, which is a self-created principle. Without mind, no distinction between subject and object can be made. One sees directly, without thought, without mind, the Oneness of Reality just as it actually is, before concepts of 'subject' and 'object' come into play.

I mentioned transcendence of subjectivity/objectivity, but in reality, there is no such transcendence, because subjectivity/objectivity do not exist in actuality; they are concepts only, so rather than transcendence, there is only pure seeing into the nature of Reality.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
The word 'dhyana' means still mind and the long time practice of this type of meditation will lead to a mind that is free from interfacing with reality indirectly through conceptual representation which obscure the true reality which is not divided into two parts, but is eternally one and indivisible.

"The universe is the Absolute as seen through the glass of Time, Space, and Causation"

Vivikendanda

The Equations of Maya