• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing can prepare you for this

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
255B5101-C6A4-4C64-8E2D-1A9747F2BAD2.jpeg

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
God help me, I was only 16. Bought this on the way home from school. This, Weather Report and Mahavishnu Orchestra did nothing to get me laid, lol.

A Vestigial Mote

Hey @A Vestigial Mote I think you may like this. I could be wrong of course. Phew, that’s a relief isn’t it ?

Definitely liking the use of all the creative and wacky instruments and sounds. Altogether it sounds very mystical and like it's building toward something profound. I tend not to like the sort spoken-word, muted melody singing style that's in this... but the sort of esoteric, "you had to be there" ambiguity in the lyrics kept compelling me to listen to more, again, as if it had something profound to deliver that I was just on the cusp of receiving. Especially like the "I turn around, it's fear - I turn around again, it's love" bit. I honestly love hearing people put into such few words really pithy ideas like that. Thanks for recommending - I feel like I need to go find a bunch of stuff I've never listened to and just queue it up now.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
God help me, I was only 16. Bought this on the way home from school. This, Weather Report and Mahavishnu Orchestra did nothing to get me laid, lol.

Wonder why. i have been a big fan of Mahavishnu, and J.McLaughling, since I was a teeny

Ciao

- viole