• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not New But Re-Newed

kadzbiz

Hello all. Some may remember me, but I see there has been much changed on this site since I was here. I also note that many that I interacted with have gone and many new ones have arrived.

A comment on another forum I am on prompted me to check my membership here. I was still able to log in and I've posted a couple of comments in the past couple of days, but I thought I'd re-introduce myself, since so much has happened since I was previously active here.

I'm retired now. Left the police force (don't panic I was one of the nice ones) in 2017 due to health reasons. I survived a heart attack in 2014 (my annus horribilis for a number of reasons), got severely depressed and anxious, went on medication and had some therapy, but weened off all that bad stuff to come out today as a very fit and healthy guy in his mid-50's. I still have my chronic back condition, but I exercise everyday either with weights or cardio (mountain biking, walking, hiking, swimming or punching the heavy bag). I'm more cognizant of what I eat without being nuts about it. I grow a few of my own vegetables and eat minimal processed foods, but still enjoy some meat.

I read a lot of books and still have a camera, but use it infrequently and I've given up all my serious video production. I still create the odd video occasionally, like this one I made with a friend while camping, but no more fully produced stuff like I once did. My old travel documentaries are still available on youtube, but they're probably quite boring compared to what some people are blogging these days. I still have my Flickr account that shows some of my photography if you're interested.

I go camping often, sometimes alone sometimes with one or two mates, which I really enjoy. I've submitted an application with a local Buddhist monastery to do some volunteer work in their gardens, so I'm waiting for a reply there. It's a peaceful place. Very welcoming. I'm getting over my social anxiety by interacting with more people in various situations, at my pace. I'm very less stressed than I was and much healthier in mind and body.

I'm not sure how active I will be here, but I'll see what intrigues me to interact with.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hiya.
Much has changed on this site since last week when it was rebooted. Now everyone is like a newbie and no-one knows how the heck to navigate it and do stuff. I say "nobody", it's probably just me. Anyhoo, welcome back.

kadzbiz

Hiya.
Much has changed on this site since last week when it was rebooted. Now everyone is like a newbie and no-one knows how the heck to navigate it and do stuff. I say "nobody", it's probably just me. Anyhoo, welcome back.
thanks chief. it's exactly the same to navigate as the other forum that prompted me back here, so I'm good with it :) I see one can't change the color scheme though. I like a darker version. why did it get re-booted to this version?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
thanks chief. it's exactly the same to navigate as the other forum that prompted me back here, so I'm good with it :) I see one can't change the color scheme though. I like a darker version. why did it get re-booted to this version?
Apparently the previous one was in serious danger of imminent actual death. So here we are in the new one. I too prefer darker versions of online things but at the mo at least people are more concerned with the more mundane practicalities such as the "latest threads" option is currently not available and this is generally a popular tool. There's a thread (somewhere!) for flagging up and discussing such stuff. Frubal changes is another source of griping. ;)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello all. Some may remember me, but I see there has been much changed on this site since I was here. I also note that many that I interacted with have gone and many new ones have arrived.

A comment on another forum I am on prompted me to check my membership here. I was still able to log in and I've posted a couple of comments in the past couple of days, but I thought I'd re-introduce myself, since so much has happened since I was previously active here.

I'm retired now. Left the police force (don't panic I was one of the nice ones) in 2017 due to health reasons. I survived a heart attack in 2014 (my annus horribilis for a number of reasons), got severely depressed and anxious, went on medication and had some therapy, but weened off all that bad stuff to come out today as a very fit and healthy guy in his mid-50's. I still have my chronic back condition, but I exercise everyday either with weights or cardio (mountain biking, walking, hiking, swimming or punching the heavy bag). I'm more cognizant of what I eat without being nuts about it. I grow a few of my own vegetables and eat minimal processed foods, but still enjoy some meat.

I read a lot of books and still have a camera, but use it infrequently and I've given up all my serious video production. I still create the odd video occasionally, like this one I made with a friend while camping, but no more fully produced stuff like I once did. My old travel documentaries are still available on youtube, but they're probably quite boring compared to what some people are blogging these days. I still have my Flickr account that shows some of my photography if you're interested.

I go camping often, sometimes alone sometimes with one or two mates, which I really enjoy. I've submitted an application with a local Buddhist monastery to do some volunteer work in their gardens, so I'm waiting for a reply there. It's a peaceful place. Very welcoming. I'm getting over my social anxiety by interacting with more people in various situations, at my pace. I'm very less stressed than I was and much healthier in mind and body.

I'm not sure how active I will be here, but I'll see what intrigues me to interact with.

Welcome (back)!

What are your religious proclivities, if you have any?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Welcome back.

iu

kadzbiz

Welcome (back)!

What are your religious proclivities, if you have any?
Thx. I'm an atheist who likes the Buddhist philosphy, but I'm no expert in that practice. When things don't go my way though, I blame EUI (The Entity of the Universe Itself) just to be able to point the finger somewhere when I can't find where that little screw rolled away to or I break something that I was really trying hard not to damage :)

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome, Kadzbiz! I'm still pretty new here, so the forum style changes probably don't impact on me as much as they do some of the older members here. All I know is that this is a far better forum to be on than the last one I was on, so I'll take whatever comes here.

One of the new changes here that I really like is that now we can make banners for our profile pages. I like the one you created for yourself!

I watched your video "The Pursued" and found it entertainingly creepy and dark. *thumbs up for your creativity*

Cheers on recovering from that heart attack and eventually getting off the meds. I can only imagine how stressful your former job was. And, I believe that you're one of the nice ones. You must be, because you're here with us!