• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Mature

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'm stubborn for not checking for errors?
I did check the question in google translator already as I told you and it looks fine, you're refusing to answer it because it's impossible to lie about this.

Here is correction since you insist:

Would you like [present time] that your parents aborted you [past time] so that you would not exist now and enjoy life?

If it still doesn't make sense to you, go ahead and you make correction, since you're the one claiming the question needs correction, so let me see how would you do that.
It's the exact same question that I already answered twice in two different ways.

My previous response, with some additions:
My answer would be the same as the one given; if I were aborted, I wouldn't know about it to begin with, so I wouldn't have any feelings about it, either way. And I wouldn't be here now to pontificate on the matter. A brain is required to do any sort of thinking or feeling so if I were aborted, I wouldn't have had the chance to think about life, enjoyment, or much of anything at all.

If what you're really asking is if I am happy to be alive [and enjoying life], yes, I am. But there have been times when that wasn't so. If I were in a hospital bed in agony with a terminal illness, I probably wouldn't be so happy either. Perhaps if I were born into an abusive family, I wouldn't be so happy about being alive either.

I give up at this point. If this doesn't answer your questions, then I have no idea what you're asking.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
It's the exact same question that I already answered twice in two different ways.

My previous response, with some additions:
My answer would be the same as the one given; if I were aborted, I wouldn't know about it to begin with, so I wouldn't have any feelings about it, either way. And I wouldn't be here now to pontificate on the matter. A brain is required to do any sort of thinking or feeling so if I were aborted, I wouldn't have had the chance to think about life, enjoyment, or much of anything at all.

If what you're really asking is if I am happy to be alive [and enjoying life], yes, I am. But there have been times when that wasn't so. If I were in a hospital bed in agony with a terminal illness, I probably wouldn't be so happy either. Perhaps if I were born into an abusive family, I wouldn't be so happy about being alive either.

I give up at this point. If this doesn't answer your questions, then I have no idea what you're asking.
Here is new approach:
Try answering with either "Yes" or "No"?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Here is new approach:
Try answering with either "Yes" or "No"?
Answered:

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Answered:

OK, therefore your answer if "No" which means:
"No, I would not like that my parents aborted me because otherwise I would not exist now and enjoy life"

Is that correct?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
OK, therefore your answer if "No" which means:
"No, I would not like that my parents aborted me because otherwise I would not exist now and enjoy life"

Is that correct?
Yep, with the caveat that I typed.

And again, if I were aborted when I was a blastocyst/zygote/fetus then I wouldn't have had the capacity to think through such considerations. I wouldn't even know that I was aborted at all, or what life even is.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

:hugehug:

And again, if I were aborted when I was a blastocyst/zygote/fetus then
Is again not what was being asked, but I'm glad to see you chose "No", that's at least some positive progress.

Thus conclusion is that no fetus once it become grown up person would be indifferent about it's existence.
Yes fetus doesn't have brains to think about this, but let it develop until it can and let the person make choice and enjoy life.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
:hugehug:

Is again not what was being asked, but I'm glad to see you chose "No", that's at least some positive progress.
It's part and parcel of the topic under discussion. Fetuses can't ponder stuff without a brain, so they won't know they're being aborted to start with. That's what that poster was trying to point out to you.

Thus conclusion is that no fetus once it become grown up person would be indifferent about it's existence.
Yes fetus doesn't have brains to think about this, but let it develop until it can and let the person make choice and enjoy life.
I actually know some people who aren't too thrilled to be alive. And I'm willing to bet there are some starving children and their parents in this world that probably don't think living as they do is all that amazing and enjoyable.