• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Mature

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I'm pointing out that it's YOU who equated the two, not me. I just pointed this out to you so you could clarify. Please do so.
Nowhere did I equate human life to tomato or any other plant :shrug:

But I suspect that what you wish to say is that tomato is alive?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That's not my question.
my question is clear:
Would you like that your parents aborted you so you would not exist NOW and enjoy life?

Note that I'm not asking you what you felt when you were a fetus.
It is a dumb question, and bold type and capital letters don’t help.

If my MOTHER had aborted me so I would not exist NOW I would neither like nor dislike that. I would neither ENJOY nor SUFFER.

DUMB QUESTION.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You answer includes "if I were aborted" but that's not what I asked. sorry. :shrug:

Why is it so difficult to answer to simple question?
I answered it already in post #197:

My answer would be the same as the one given; if I were aborted, I wouldn't know about it to begin with, so I wouldn't have any feelings about it, either way. And I wouldn't be here now to pontificate on the matter.

If what you're really asking is if I am happy to be alive, yes, I am. But there have been times when that wasn't so. If I were in a hospital bed in agony with a terminal illness, I probably wouldn't be so happy either.

I also pointed out that your question was poorly worded, and therefore difficult to answer.
(Would you like that your parents aborted you so you would not exist NOW and enjoy life?)

Not to mention how I've been pointing out the error in this line of thinking for several pages of the thread now.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I answered it already in post #197:

My answer would be the same as the one given; if I were aborted, I wouldn't know about it to begin with, so I wouldn't have any feelings about it, either way. And I wouldn't be here now to pontificate on the matter.

If what you're really asking is if I am happy to be alive, yes, I am. But there have been times when that wasn't so. If I were in a hospital bed in agony with a terminal illness, I probably wouldn't be so happy either.
no man, you're evading the question.
Neither did I ask what you thought when you were fetus nor if you're happy to be alive.

It's a poorly worded, nonsensical question.
Clearly I'm not the first to notice.
Then why don't you rephrase my question so that it makes sense for you?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The power of question does not lie in answer but in reaction
You know better than me right? :)

And your reaction suggests you're afraid to give your honest answer.
I gave you two answers. Twice.
I, and others, have pointed out that it's a poorly worded question that doesn't really make any sense. You asked me to re-phrase YOUR question that doesn't make sense, in order for it to make sense. Sorry, but that's your job, not mine. If I don't know what you're asking me, how do you expect me to re-phrase your question? I mean, this is nuts.

If those two answers don't suffice, then I have no idea what you're asking me. That's about as honest as it gets.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I gave you two answers. Twice.
I, and others, have pointed out that it's a poorly worded question that doesn't really make any sense. You asked me to re-phrase YOUR question that doesn't make sense, in order for it to make sense. Sorry, but that's your job, not mine. If I don't know what you're asking me, how do you expect me to re-phrase your question? I mean, this is nuts.

If those two answers don't suffice, then I have no idea what you're asking me. That's about as honest as it gets.
Out of interest I've inserted my question into google translator to see how it looks to me in native language.
the question is very clear to me and I don't see how could I modify it.

I'm sorry.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No my friend, I think you are the one who reached the dead end street, not me :)
It's not a shame to admit mistake, shame is when one stubbornly insists.
I'm not sure what mistake you think I've made.

I answered the question I thought you were asking. Twice. You said that didn't answer it. I asked you to re-phrase then, since the question apparently didn't make sense.
You said you couldn't. Hence, my statement of us being at an impasse. I can't answer a question I don't understand.

YOU cannot phrase the question in a way that makes sense. But you want to blame me for it and call it my mistake.
Hey, whatever makes you feel better, I guess. :shrug:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The power of question does not lie in answer but in reaction
You know that better than me :)

And your reaction suggests you're afraid to give your honest answer.
It is not an honest question. Asking what I would feel if I didn’t exist is like asking what colour shirt would I be wearing if I was naked.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Asking what I would feel if I didn’t exist is like asking what colour shirt would I be wearing if I was naked.
Sorry that's not what I asked.
I asked what do you think now when you do exist:
Would you like [present time] that your parents aborted you [past time] so you would not exist now and enjoy life?

Just answer the question.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Can you please rephrase what you just said because what you're saying makes no sense, I don't understand you :shrug:
The Fine Line Between Stubbornness and Stupidity | INSEAD Knowledge
You are indeed acting very stubbornly on this one. Good call.

You know, if people kept telling me my question was poorly worded, and unsuccessfully attempted to answer it several different times and I could see they were struggling with it, I might start to wonder if the error was on my end, rather than on the other end where 3+ people are telling me they don't understand what I'm asking and/or that my question doesn't make sense. A little self-reflection never hurt anybody.
But you do you, Boo.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You are indeed acting very stubbornly on this one. Good call.

You know, if people kept telling me my question was poorly worded, and unsuccessfully attempted to answer it several different times and I could see they were struggling with it, I might start to wonder if the error was on my end, rather than on the other end where 3+ people are telling me they don't understand what I'm asking and/or that my question doesn't make sense. A little self-reflection never hurt anybody.
But you do you, Boo.
I'm stubborn for not checking for errors?
I did check the question in google translator already as I told you and it looks fine, you're refusing to answer it because it's impossible to lie about this.

Here is correction since you insist:

Would you like [present time] that your parents aborted you [past time] so that you would not exist now and enjoy life?

If it still doesn't make sense to you, go ahead and you make correction, since you're the one claiming the question needs correction, so let me see how would you do that.