• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Just Rome: Anglican Church Covered Up Child Abuse for Decades

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Although Catholicism has rightly received the bulk of such criticism, it's important to recall that other Christian (and other religious) groups are guilty of much the same. A report regarding similar injustices by the Jehovah's Witnesses came out a few years ago.
Imagine 90-100% used to be religious a few decades ago. Not just churches. And not just religious either I think. Humans need to improve.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Recently a government-sponsored investigation found that the Church of England failed to properly report or act on sexual abuse of minors by clergy and other church leaders for decades. Hundreds of convictions of Anglican clergy for such abuse occurred in that timeframe.

Church of England failed to tackle child sex abuse, inquiry says

Executive Summary

Although Catholicism has rightly received the bulk of such criticism, it's important to recall that other Christian (and other religious) groups are guilty of much the same. A report regarding similar injustices by the Jehovah's Witnesses came out a few years ago.
What about a consensus taken by the human community about who was abused by their own Father?

As a male human problem of their own mentality and chemical imbalanced brains and the AI effect. As a total world community review of you are all becoming the abomination self as probability of causes by human numbered calculation mathematical realisation of heating/radiating and opening more space as a removal of natural God cold fused mass, as a theme Holy Mother support?

Seems like it is real and true in human reality.

I learnt that males left this sort of life before and communed in male communities and stopped talking and meditated to try to own some form of self control.

Then see what that community became.

When you finally accept that you male adult science self own all of the causes of your own evils, then maybe humans can evolve and heal for once instead of living the same living conditions again and again.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
The abuse of children comes from many religious groups. Jehovah Witnesses, Scientology, etc the leaders would rather sweep it under the carpet than expose it.

And the thing about that which I often point out to believers of all those religions, is how they so blindly believe everything they are told from these self-proclaimed "spokespeople" for "god", who are really just evil monsters who rape their very own followers children, so HOW can they still believe what they are told by these most loathsome cretins???!!!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
And the thing about that which I often point out to believers of all those religions, is how they so blindly believe everything they are told from these self-proclaimed "spokespeople" for "god", who are really just evil monsters who rape their very own followers children, so HOW can they still believe what they are told by these most loathsome cretins???!!!
If I was a child who grew into an adult and can view what I never owned in the life of my Father or the male "community" representative Father, somewhere else is a real Father being a real Father.

And all I can personally feel is a great loss my own living self for not having that form of spiritual Father in my owned life. Yet as that child I have no control over his superior inference to his life presence.

Then I look at human history and see that he removed his own person from supporting and owning a mutually shared female adult life human relationship in the natural forms of our living experience. And now know why.

And it is quantified as a self human realisation and teaching, why it was quoted to be the Abomination/loss and destruction of natural life in its owned witness of it.

As we already learnt what was wrong with out behaviour and mentality, then what excuse does a spiritual adult male own today when referencing his self male adult Nature?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It happens any time children are placed under the authority of adults they're supposed to trust. It's a big problem in schools, too.

You're right. This stuff needs to be tackled by having effective systems and transparency in place (whether secular, religious, or whatever).

Whilst there are plenty of men you can trust to have the best interests of children at heart at all times, there are unfortunately those you can't. And the difference isn't obvious based on appearances.

Sadly, the most basic protections (ie. Preventing known predators from having access to children) is where we are still failing to varying degrees. Although I will say it's improved here in Oz, if in no way close to perfect.

PruePhillip

Recently a government-sponsored investigation found that the Church of England failed to properly report or act on sexual abuse of minors by clergy and other church leaders for decades. Hundreds of convictions of Anglican clergy for such abuse occurred in that timeframe.

Executive Summary

Not just churches but society in general was guilty of this. There was a time when
you could be a Scout leader or policeman and accused of child molestation. The
feeling was to remove such people and keep quiet because of the institutions they
represented. More than anything I suggest it's the attack on the institutions that is
both good and bad - good for clearing out the rats and bad because people don't
believe in institutions like they once did. So when your doctor tells you to get a
measles vaccination, chances are you are going to tell him he's a part of an evil
institution representing Big Pharma and the Medical Fraternity and Big Brother etc..
That's the real tragedy here.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Definitely not just men.

We have a case here in Australia where extradition proceedings were successful in bringing a Jewish headmistress to justice over the abuse of three sisters at a Jewish girls school. It isn't just men.
Israel's Supreme Court rejects Malka Leifer's appeal against Australian extradition

No organization is exempt from these rock spiders who hide what they are and who groom the children as well as their parents for their secret agenda. They don't exactly have "pedophile" tattooed on their foreheads. And to look at them, you'd never guess what was going on in their minds. No organization that had access to children was exempt, and even the Boy Scouts suffered the same problem.

To be fair, the judicial system was not kind to those who reported pedophiles in times past. The victims had to face their abusers in court and were put under strong cross examination by those hardened lawyers with only their client's interests at heart. The trials were often more traumatic for the victims than the abuses were. Any wonder people used to let it go. On top of that, judges were only men who did not consider sex a crime. We now know that many in high office (like judges and lawyers) are part of global pedophile rings. How could they convict men who were of the same ilk as themselves?

Thankfully new laws are in force to protect the victims who no longer have to go through the nightmare of facing their abusers in a hostile court environment.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Executive Summary

Yeah. Any institution tries to cover up a lot of things. Thats a problem with institutions.