• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

not indistinguishable from base reality!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
It has been said that any simulated reality would have to be indistinguishable from "Base Reality" to those who live in it

I disagree:

I think that if the only people who will ever experience a simulated reality are those who will live and die in it (without ever knowing anywhere else) then they don't need their simulated reality to be indistinguishable from base reality

As they would have no experience of living anywhere other than within their simulated reality

Basically, it does not mater if in comparison to base reality the simulated world appears crude and its graphics cartoonish

Because its inhabitants would have nothing to compare it to!

They would have never experienced Base Reality

The Simulation is all they'd have ever known

There is no need to fool or trick its inhabitants... therefore it doesn't have to be indistinguishable from Base Reality!

This is from my blog. Click here to visit it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
It has been said that any simulated reality would have to be indistinguishable from "Base Reality" to those who live in it

I disagree:

I think that if the only people who will ever experience a simulated reality are those who will live and die in it (without ever knowing anywhere else) then they don't need their simulated reality to be indistinguishable from base reality

As they would have no experience of living anywhere other than within their simulated reality

Basically, it does not mater if in comparison to base reality the simulated world appears crude and its graphics cartoonish

Because its inhabitants would have nothing to compare it to!

They would have never experienced Base Reality

The Simulation is all they'd have ever known

There is no need to fool or trick its inhabitants... therefore it doesn't have to be indistinguishable from Base Reality!

This is from my blog. Click here to visit it.
~
From Madaba, whatever :meaning : creator ?
As : In the beginning Madaba created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and empty,
darkness was over the surface of the deep,
and Madaba was hovering over the waters.

From where'd the waters come ?

Quite a stretch, isn't it