• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not even one border crisis meeting on Harris schedule. Not Today! Baw hahahaha!

The article's headline is very misleading. No evidence is presented for any "false claims" whatsoever. The author's gripe is that there has been an increased number of asylum applicants. That is not an abuse of the system, it is an increase in demand on the system.
A lot of reports I’ve read as well as personal interaction with the people who are here illegally. Seems like you’re playing dumb on the issue.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
A lot of reports I’ve read as well as personal interaction with the people who are here illegally. Seems like you’re playing dumb on the issue.

Weird how you didn't cite any of these reports, and instead cited an op ed that didn't support your claim. As part of my job I routinely interact with undocumented immigrants, so it wouldn't serve me well to "play dumb." Many of those who are here illegally entered the country legally; their visa has simply expired (the process for visa renewal takes forever).

Weird how you didn't cite any of these reports, and instead cited an op ed that didn't support your claim. As part of my job I routinely interact with undocumented immigrants, so it wouldn't serve me well to "play dumb." Many of those who are here illegally entered the country legally; their visa has simply expired (the process for visa renewal takes forever).
Well you are playing dumb on the issue as much as you want to deny that. It’s human nature to look for loopholes and exploit them. Haven’t you seen footage yourself and heard border security testimony? Did they really have Biden t-shirts?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Well you are playing dumb on the issue as much as you want to deny that. It’s human nature to look for loopholes and exploit them. Haven’t you seen footage yourself and heard border security testimony? Did they really have Biden t-shirts?

Seen footage of what? Whether someone wears a Biden t shirt has nothing to do with whether they have a legitimate asylum claim.

I want you to imagine how bad your life would have to be, how desperate you would have to be, how afraid for yourself and your children you'd have to be, to walk 1,000 miles on foot to another country where you've never been and don't speak the language. Just imagine yourself in that situation. That's what we're dealing with. If a few of them are lying and actually living in the lap of luxury and are just coming to the US for ****s and giggles? I really don't care, as it doesn't describe the vast majority. If you had any awareness whatsoever of what is happening in the Northern Triangle, you'd know that.

But I know I know, I'm "playing dumb." :rolleyes:

Seen footage of what? Whether someone wears a Biden t shirt has nothing to do with whether they have a legitimate asylum claim.

I want you to imagine how bad your life would have to be, how desperate you would have to be, how afraid for yourself and your children you'd have to be, to walk 1,000 miles on foot to another country where you've never been and don't speak the language. Just imagine yourself in that situation. That's what we're dealing with. If a few of them are lying and actually living in the lap of luxury and are just coming to the US for ****s and giggles? I really don't care, as it doesn't describe the vast majority. If you had any awareness whatsoever of what is happening in the Northern Triangle, you'd know that.

But I know I know, I'm "playing dumb." :rolleyes:
Who gave them the t-shirts, nice try on the if you had any awareness garbage. They must be being lied to and enabled to want to come all that way on foot, when they’re probably getting rides in terrible conditions and exploited along the way. I read that up to 80% of the women get raped, children aren’t with parents. The answer isn’t let everyone in the Country. What’s the real motive of the government anyway? The people? No

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Who gave them the t-shirts, nice try on the if you had any awareness garbage. They must be being lied to and enabled to want to come all that way on foot, when they’re probably getting rides in terrible conditions and exploited along the way. I read that up to 80% of the women get raped, children aren’t with parents. The answer isn’t let everyone in the Country. What’s the real motive of the government anyway? The people? No

We aren't "letting them all in the country," we never have. Even your own op-ed explained that, if you bothered to read it. And yes, people are terribly mistreated and exploited on their way here. All the more reason our response should be compassion.

We aren't "letting them all in the country," we never have. Even your own op-ed explained that, if you bothered to read it. And yes, people are terribly mistreated and exploited on their way here. All the more reason our response should be compassion.
I read what I post, not sure what the problem is with enforcing our immigration laws, it is compassionate for everyone involved that we have laws that everyone is held accountable to and fair. What we have now is selective, what about sanctuary cities? What about amnesty? If people aren’t being let in illegally why do we have that?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I read what I post, not sure what the problem is with enforcing our immigration laws, it is compassionate for everyone involved that we have laws that everyone is held accountable to and fair. What we have now is selective, what about sanctuary cities? What about amnesty? If people aren’t being let in illegally why do we have that?

I already explained this to you. Undocumented folks quite often enter the country legally, but their visas expire. Sanctuary cities are not responsible for border control. You really need to get your information somewhere other than right wing sites.

I already explained this to you. Undocumented folks quite often enter the country legally, but their visas expire. Sanctuary cities are not responsible for border control. You really need to get your information somewhere other than right wing sites.
Since Reagan we’ve had illegal immigration problems, it’s not just visas expiring, it’s multiple problems and all stems from leaders unwilling to enforce our laws. You said we don’t just let people in and the point is that we do, if we enforced our laws Congress passed consistently we wouldn’t have an illegal immigration problem. That’s why I brought up the sanctuary city and amnesty examples.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Since Reagan we’ve had illegal immigration problems, it’s not just visas expiring, it’s multiple problems and all stems from leaders unwilling to enforce our laws. You said we don’t just let people in and the point is that we do, if we enforced our laws Congress passed consistently we wouldn’t have an illegal immigration problem. That’s why I brought up the sanctuary city and amnesty examples.

You are correct that the problem is multifaceted. But the issue isn't us "not enforcing our laws." We very much enforce our laws, particularly border patrol. The people at the border are legally seeking amnesty. They are not "illegal immigrants."

Sanctuary cities are a separate issue of whether cities coordinate with ICE when dealing with individuals who are already in the country and undocumented for whatever reason. They don't do that because they rely on informants within immigrant communities to help them do their jobs. When you start deporting people's friends and family, turns out they're less willing to talk to you. Which makes law enforcement's job more difficult, and does not benefit the community.

We haven't had "amnesty" since Reagan passed it, so that's a non-issue.

Again, please get your information somewhere other than right-wing news.

You are correct that the problem is multifaceted. But the issue isn't us "not enforcing our laws." We very much enforce our laws, particularly border patrol. The people at the border are legally seeking amnesty. They are not "illegal immigrants."

Sanctuary cities are a separate issue of whether cities coordinate with ICE when dealing with individuals who are already in the country and undocumented for whatever reason. They don't do that because they rely on informants within immigrant communities to help them do their jobs. When you start deporting people's friends and family, turns out they're less willing to talk to you. Which makes law enforcement's job more difficult, and does not benefit the community.

We haven't had "amnesty" since Reagan passed it, so that's a non-issue.

Again, please get your information somewhere other than right-wing news.
There’s been talk of amnesty since I can remember, there’s been talk of border wall and security since I can remember, every President since Reagan has talked about it so spare me the “right wing news” comment. It’s the same thing with liberals...it’s the cover up your real motives on immigration and the voter suppression now if you want to make sure the votes are secure by ID’s etc. It’s sickening. What about the kids? Lol

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
There’s been talk of amnesty since I can remember,

Yes, among right-wingers ginning up their base.

there’s been talk of border wall and security since I can remember, every President since Reagan has talked about it so spare me the “right wing news” comment.

You posted a link to The Federalist, for heaven's sake.

If you want to seem less like a right-wing media consumer, cite it less.

It’s the same thing with liberals...it’s the cover up your real motives on immigration

What are my real motives? Do tell. You know so much about me, apparently.

and the voter suppression

Huh? Liberals are against voter suppression.

now if you want to make sure the votes are secure by ID’s etc. It’s sickening.

You don't know what you're talking about. You're just throwing out random right wing talking points.

You started by saying we're talking about illegal immigration with what's happening with the recent border "crisis." That is wrong sir. They are not illegal immigrants. If your starting premise is wrong, you're not likely to have a very accurate view from there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just heard on NPR how finally, the fed is taking steps to
deal with the over-crowding & poor border security.
One would expect that a policy change that encourages
unaccompanied kids entering illegally would increase
such traffic. It did as expected.
A good manger is pro-active. This is reactive, ie, the kind
of poor management I'd expect from someone like Trump.
Uh oh.

You don't know what you're talking about. You're just throwing out random right wing talking points.

You started by saying we're talking about illegal immigration with what's happening with the recent border "crisis." That is wrong sir. They are not illegal immigrants. If your starting premise is wrong, you're not likely to have a very accurate view from there.

The issues are all the same whether, abortion, immigration, race, voting, budgets, healthcare... Democrats put a attractive label on them to hide their true intentions. All bring division, death, lawlessness, corruption, cheating.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The issues are all the same whether, abortion, immigration, race, voting, budgets, healthcare... Democrats put a attractive label on them to hide their true intentions. All bring division, death, lawlessness, corruption, cheating.

Again, what are my true intentions? I don't want any of those things you listed.

Perhaps I'm just another human being like you. Maybe?

Again, what are my true intentions? I don't want any of those things you listed.

Perhaps I'm just another human being like you. Maybe?
I believe you are and sounds like you care about people, I have no issue with you at all. I have an issue with our government and media that lies and deceives. Doesn’t matter what side, I’m on the Truth side.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe you are and sounds like you care about people, I have no issue with you at all. I have an issue with our government and media that lies and deceives. Doesn’t matter what side, I’m on the Truth side.

Hooray! I'm also in favor of the truth!

That's why I pointed out the falsehood in the article title you cited and the falsehood of calling asylum seekers "illegal immigrants."

If the media lies and the government lies, how do you determine the truth of the situation?

Hooray! I'm also in favor of the truth!

That's why I pointed out the falsehood in the article title you cited and the falsehood of calling asylum seekers "illegal immigrants."

If the media lies and the government lies, how do you determine the truth of the situation?
Asylum seekers aren’t illegal immigrants, the point of the article was people lie about coming here for asylum. As soon as the word gets out that asylum is the way, guess what they’re gonna say? That was the point without getting into everything about that.
As far as finding the truth, you have to get all the information you can find. Will take the Catholic kids with the Trump hats and the Indian guy, remember that? All over Facebook and the news how awful these kids were when reality was the man instigated things banging his drum in the kids face. Or the terrible George Flloyd death, the media didn’t report the whole truth and pushed a one sided false story. They constantly do things like this. Until we the people demand the truth they will keep doing it.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Asylum seekers aren’t illegal immigrants, the point of the article was people lie about coming here for asylum.

Except the article didn't actually present any evidence that's the case. That was my point. All it said is that there are more people seeking asylum.

As far as finding the truth, you have to get all the information you can find. Will take the Catholic kids with the Trump hats and the Indian guy, remember that? All over Facebook and the news how awful these kids were when reality was the man instigated things banging his drum in the kids face. Or the terrible George Flloyd death, the media didn’t report the whole truth and pushed a one sided false story. They constantly do things like this. Until we the people demand the truth they will keep doing it.

I don't think the issue is "getting all the information you can find." You have to vet the quality of information. There is a ton of low-quality disinformation out there. Which requires some media literacy and fact-checking skills to detect. Like knowing when you are reading a right-wing source of information, for example, or critically evaluating whether the content of an article actually matches what is claimed.