• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not even one border crisis meeting on Harris schedule. Not Today! Baw hahahaha!

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Plenty of dodging the press though...

Kamala Harris has no immigration meetings on public schedule - Report Door

Maybe she figures it will go away on its own?

Now that's using one's brains! That's it.

It will...go....awayyyy.....
I will admit it is concerning she hasn't given at least a clue as to what she is thinking about. I am sure it is a complicated, muddled, mess. However, a pinch of transparency would at least make the media go away and give us something to talk about.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But if you catch them at the border, why can't they become legal?
You don't typically have to 'catch' people who want to go through the proper application process to become a citizen.

It's not fair for those who go through the time and trouble it takes to become a citizen so illegals shouldn't be givin special privileges.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With all the deaths from COVID under Trump's watch; hasn't the US got plenty of room for a few more immigrants?
As I understand it, immigrants have always proven a boon to the US, however much they annoy nativists, bigots, and the novelty averse. They tend to be enterprising, hard working and have lower crime rates than the general population.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't typically have to 'catch' people who want to go through the proper application process to become a citizen.

It's not fair for those who go through the time and trouble it takes to become a citizen so illegals shouldn't be givin special privileges.
Most of the "wave of immigrants" are reporting to border stations and Immigration officers to apply officially, and legally, for asylum.

Nor is it fair for US foreign policy and corporate interests to create failed, criminal states and human rights crises, then violate international law by rejecting desperate asylum seekers.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
As I understand it, immigrants have always proven a boon to the US, however much they annoy nativists, bigots, and the novelty averse. They tend to be enterprising, hard working and have lower crime rates than the general population.
Yes, same in the UK, they are net tax payers making a profit for the country.

Twilight Hue

Most of the "wave of immigrants" are reporting to border stations and Immigration officers to apply officially, and legally, for asylum.

Nor is it fair for US foreign policy and corporate interests to create failed, criminal states and human rights crises, then violate international law by rejecting desperate asylum seekers.
If your talking about streamlining the process and make it easier than I agree with you.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You are obviously not familiar with both American and international law on this, so maybe consider spending some time on looking it up for yourself.

Twilight Hue

You are obviously not familiar with both American and international law on this, so maybe consider spending some time on looking it up for yourself.
I live in the states lol.
There's a clear process and people are not following it. That's what's obvious.

If you think otherwise. Then educate those whom you deem 'unfamiliar'.

I'll provide a hint. It starts with form N-400.