• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not celebrating Birthdays anymore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The social rules get so... strange. You can text, but don't call. We can go out, but you don't want to come over(even though we're both broke). At some point, its just like... screw this...

I miss the days of calling up people and asking if they want to come over and play.
I wish I could have people over but my apartment is a roach infested dump that I'm embarrassed about. I didn't even cause it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Tomorrow is my 33rd Birthday. But I'm going to work tomorrow as otherwise I will be home alone, depressed with my thoughts. No one I know here really seems to care or want to do anything with me, like almost every year. I obviously have no true friends in this dump of a city. Most Birthdays and holidays are like that now. I feel like I don't exist. Even Facebook had the nerve to restrict my account just now. So I'm done trying. I'm not asking anyone to hang out with me anymore.

I was even going to try to hang out with people tonight but they didn't ask if I needed a ride and expect me to Uber there. How thoughtful.

But anyway, happy birthday for tomorrow.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish I could have people over but my apartment is a roach infested dump that I'm embarrassed about. I didn't even cause it.

Ask if you can go to their house and play instead...

Unfortunately, pests in apartments happen. Its the nature of having so many people in one building... Bugs don't respect 'walls'. Nothing to be embarrassed about(though I know a person can't always help how they feel).

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Tomorrow is my 33rd Birthday. But I'm going to work tomorrow as otherwise I will be home alone, depressed with my thoughts. No one I know here really seems to care or want to do anything with me, like almost every year. I obviously have no true friends in this dump of a city. Most Birthdays and holidays are like that now. I feel like I don't exist. Even Facebook had the nerve to restrict my account just now. So I'm done trying. I'm not asking anyone to hang out with me anymore.

I was even going to try to hang out with people tonight but they didn't ask if I needed a ride and expect me to Uber there. How thoughtful.
I’m sorry to hear that.
I can only offer an e hug and my hope that things can improve for you
upload_2022-9-19_10-56-8.gif

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, and I feel pathetic, like I'm throwing myself at people. It doesn't help that most of my coworkers are college students 10+ years younger than me and 30 is ancient to these people. Then the guys my age are just burnouts, playing video games and obsessing over Marvel and don't want anything more than that.

I hope you find more suitable friends soon. I've been looking to make new friends for months, myself, because almost all of my closer friends have moved away (back to their home countries). Loneliness is indeed awful.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's pathetic at all to work on expanding one's social circle instead of sitting around and watching it diminish. The feeling is understandable, though.

Have you tried making new friends from the internet? I've made several (including my best friend) through Reddit and Discord servers. Sometimes I would just message someone on Reddit and express what I was trying to do while making it clear I understood if they weren't interested in pursuing the conversation.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yes, and I feel pathetic, like I'm throwing myself at people. It doesn't help that most of my coworkers are college students 10+ years younger than me and 30 is ancient to these people. Then the guys my age are just burnouts, playing video games and obsessing over Marvel and don't want anything more than that.
What are your own interests and hobbies? What would you seek in a friend or relationship personally?