• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not celebrating Birthdays anymore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Tomorrow is my 33rd Birthday. But I'm going to work tomorrow as otherwise I will be home alone, depressed with my thoughts. No one I know here really seems to care or want to do anything with me, like almost every year. I obviously have no true friends in this dump of a city. Most Birthdays and holidays are like that now. I feel like I don't exist. Even Facebook had the nerve to restrict my account just now. So I'm done trying. I'm not asking anyone to hang out with me anymore.

I was even going to try to hang out with people tonight but they didn't ask if I needed a ride and expect me to Uber there. How thoughtful.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Tomorrow is my 33rd Birthday. But I'm going to work tomorrow as otherwise I will be home alone, depressed with my thoughts. No one I know here really seems to care or want to do anything with me, like almost every year. I obviously have no true friends in this dump of a city. Most Birthdays and holidays are like that now. I feel like I don't exist. Even Facebook had the nerve to restrict my account just now. So I'm done trying. I'm not asking anyone to hang out with me anymore.
If you like you could video chat with me on discord or Facebook. I can't visit I live in another state but I'd be able to virtually hang out with you. I'll be working tomorrow cuz a person called out from 9 to 3 eastern standard time. After that you can call me I'll gladly speak with you a bit.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you like you could video chat with me on discord or Facebook. I can't visit I live in another state but I'd be able to virtually hang out with you. I'll be working tomorrow cuz a person called out from 9 to 3 eastern standard time. After that you can call me I'll gladly speak with you a bit.
Thanks. But I honestly don't have much to talk about. I'm really depressed and hurt by people. I'll be at work for most of the day, anyway.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I was even going to try to hang out with people tonight but they didn't ask if I needed a ride and expect me to Uber there. How thoughtful.

Sorry, Frank. :( Birthdays definitely lose some glimmer as we age...

I hope something good happens, and you have a decent birthday anyways.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sorry, Frank. :( Birthdays definitely lose some glimmer as we age...

I hope something good happens, and you have a decent birthday anyways.
I enjoyed them when my mom was alive. I don't ask for much. I just wanted to have a few drinks with people, maybe go to dinner. But I can't even have that. No one wants me around. They'll hang out with others but not me.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Since 2016. I've been all alone since. I don't have real friends here, even the people I've known for years are fakes and flakes. Too bad I didn't go with her.

That's a long time to be alone.

It seems society's full of fakes and flakes anymore, and its really discouraging.

What do you find solace in?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since 2016. I've been all alone since. I don't have real friends here, even the people I've known for years are fakes and flakes. Too bad I didn't go with her.
I am now all alone except for the people on this forum. I have the cats and that is all I have left.
I know what it's like to be depressed so I try to stay as busy as I can so I don't fall into a deep depression. I thank God I still have my job but weekends are especially difficult. I am not sure how much longer I can live this way.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics

Dude, I am in such a similar position as you. I turned 33 last July 23rd, I don't own a car or drive and pretty much only spend time with close family and friends. However the vast majority of time I'm alone. Here's the thing though, I have learned that depending on the Internet to make friends will only disappoint you. The friends you make on here will never compare to real friends. I spent six years trying to discover other people on here only to suffer one blow after another on why they couldn't be the friend that I deserved.

It's hard. Sometimes libraries has groups. Sometimes your local Starbucks will have meet ups posted. And there's also the website Meet Up. I know, Uber sucks. It's too expensive and not reliable enough, just like the city bus. It's so easy to make acquittances but so difficult to meet people who you really want spend quality time with. If your friends have cars you can always suggest that you tip them a little for their trouble.

There needs to be a new section on Facebook called, "Locals" or something that focuses on meeting people who are near you. Don't even try most websites, dating services or Meet Up. They all suck. Talking with someone in person is just vastly superior over phone or text conversations. I suggest if you have friends who you do this with, you should "upgrade" to video calls, if you can afford the bandwidth.

Good luck.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That eventually this will all be over.

Its true; nothing goes on forever.

Do you have the option of taking yourself out, if your 'friends'(I know that's probably not how you'd describe them currently) are being poo heads? Or at least treating yourself in some way?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

I'm really sorry. That's a horrible feeling. I wish I could say something that would be helpful but all I can do is empathize.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Its true; nothing goes on forever.

Do you have the option of taking yourself out, if your 'friends'(I know that's probably not how you'd describe them currently) are being poo heads? Or at least treating yourself in some way?
I'm tired of being by myself. I'm by myself all the time. I eat by myself, I go to movies and concerts by myself, etc. I'm sick of it. I want to be around other people.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Dude, I am in such a similar position as you. I turned 33 last July 23rd, I don't own a car or drive and pretty much only spend time with close family and friends. However the vast majority of time I'm alone. Here's the thing though, I have learned that depending on the Internet to make friends will only disappoint you. The friends you make on here will never compare to real friends. I spent six years trying to discover other people on here only to suffer one blow after another on why they couldn't be the friend that I deserved.

It's hard. Sometimes libraries has groups. Sometimes your local Starbucks will have meet ups posted. And there's also the website Meet Up. I know, Uber sucks. It's too expensive and not reliable enough, just like the city bus. It's so easy to make acquittances but so difficult to meet people who you really want spend quality time with. If your friends have cars you can always suggest that you tip them a little for their trouble.

There needs to be a new section on Facebook called, "Locals" or something that focuses on meeting people who are near you. Don't even try most websites, dating services or Meet Up. They all suck. Talking with someone in person is just vastly superior over phone or text conversations. I suggest if you have friends who you do this with, you should "upgrade" to video calls, if you can afford the bandwidth.

Good luck.

I'm sorry you've been in/are in some difficult spots.

I have to say, though, that when I was being abused and couldn't get out, it was internet friends who kept me going. Most of my 'real life' people had retreated because the situation was bothersome to them. They had my back once I left, but when I was still there...

Well, things would have been ugly without my internet people back then. So never discount the difference a person(even you!) can make despite a distance.

I'm tired of being by myself. I'm by myself all the time. I eat by myself, I go to movies and concerts by myself, etc. I'm sick of it. I want to be around other people.

I get that. Its hard to meet people, too... it seems like once you pass the mid 20s, socializing becomes... weird. Superficial. As if things weren't difficult enough before that...

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

I'm sorry, Frankenstein. I am going through a similar issue where I have no real connections with anyone at all beyond small talk with coworkers and even that's getting bad.

Are you currently seeking new friends and/or a relationship?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm sorry, Frankenstein. I am going through a similar issue where I have no real connections with anyone at all beyond small talk with coworkers and even that's getting bad.

Are you currently seeking new friends and/or a relationship?
Yes, and I feel pathetic, like I'm throwing myself at people. It doesn't help that most of my coworkers are college students 10+ years younger than me and 30 is ancient to these people. Then the guys my age are just burnouts, playing video games and obsessing over Marvel and don't want anything more than that.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I get that. Its hard to meet people, too... it seems like once you pass the mid 20s, socializing becomes... weird. Superficial. As if things weren't difficult enough before that...

Absolutely, and I don't get it either. I'm lucky that I have 2 friends outside of the internet , but only one of them lives in my State. The rest are internet friends... Mostly here if I'm being honest. I've got my wife, but even that is only so much.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Absolutely, and I don't get it either. I'm lucky that I have 2 friends outside of the internet , but only one of them lives in my State. The rest are internet friends... Mostly here if I'm being honest. I've got my wife, but even that is only so much.

The social rules get so... strange. You can text, but don't call. We can go out, but you don't want to come over(even though we're both broke). At some point, its just like... screw this...

I miss the days of calling up people and asking if they want to come over and play.