• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

not as i planned but God and ethics?

chuck010342

does anybody think it unethical or immoral for God to destroy all mankind in the flood or how about God to order the jews to destory the caananites? by the way i reserve the right to quote you in my essay about God and ethics

dust1n

Zindīq
does anybody think it unethical or immoral for God to destroy all mankind in the flood or how about God to order the jews to destory the caananites? by the way i reserve the right to quote you in my essay about God and ethics

Nope, don't believe in morals or ethics, but the hypocrisy to his own teachings who at least lead to the conclusion that it's all made up.

DavyCrocket2003

Nope, don't believe in morals or ethics, but the hypocrisy to his own teachings would at least lead to the conclusion that it's all made up.
That is one possibility. There are others that are consistent with the idea of a benevolent God. For instance, if hell is just the natural consequence of sin and guilt, God was probably doing them all a favor. He realized they were just signing themselves up for a longer stay at hotel d'hell so he mercifully stopped them. That's just one possibility though. The thing is, all sorts of things become possible if you open yourself to the possibility of a powerful deity.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Or....if human beings have value, both were necessary.
I'm not really sure that "necessary" is a valid concept when talking about an all-powerful God, but regardless, the things that could've made either action necessary would've all been under God's control from the beginning. If they were necessary, it was because, through either action or omission of action, God set them up that way.

Dunemeister

I'm not really sure that "necessary" is a valid concept when talking about an all-powerful God, but regardless, the things that could've made either action necessary would've all been under God's control from the beginning. If they were necessary, it was because, through either action or omission of action, God set them up that way.

Ho-hum....

Dunemeister

Then it should be easy for you to refute, shouldn't it?

Been there, done that. Apparently the lack of logic and the presence of misunderstanding are impervious to the attitudes of those who hold to the argument. I can address the reasons; I can't address the psychology, so....