• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not as Good as They Claim

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
That is creative, I will give you as much.

Still rather absurd, nonetheless. You are taking for granted an entirely fictional set of premises, including that atheism needs a justification (which it doesn't) and that there is such a thing as religious significance in it.

Any statement that is made as fact while requiring omniscience (that one does not have) is also entirely fictional and is blind faith or religious in nature.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
But who does choose to have a religion based on a possible existence of Santa Claus? Even religious people would think this is insane. You would only defend such actions to defend your own actions.

The issue with your logic is that I can plug in an infinite amount of fantasy objects there and it will hold true. No one can prove the non-existence of everything any person can think of. So no matter the object in question, your logic will always hold true. God is no more special than a purple eyed two feet unicorn.

No, you have two issues:

1) You admit no one can prove the non-existence of anything--including a god--and hold to God's non-existence, despite your lack of omniscience, so choose to be agnostic (logical) or atheist (faith-based).

2) You are moving the goal posts, but there are EXCELLENT reasons to believe in the existence of God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Any statement that is made as fact while requiring omniscience (that one does not have) is also entirely fictional and is blind faith or religious in nature.
And it turns out that theism sometimes qualifies, while atheism does not.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
My theism doesn't qualify for that--I use reason. Atheists use religious faith to assume truths in evidence requiring OMNISCIENCE.
If you will make preposterous claims about matters that you understand nothing about, you should be prepared to avoid interlocutors that know that you are doing so.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If you will make preposterous claims about matters that you understand nothing about, you should be prepared to avoid interlocutors that know that you are doing so.

I know a tremendous amount about atheism, and have thousands of posts on multiple sites with atheists and hundreds if not thousands of in-person conversations with atheists.

Atheism is a belief that there is no God. Having confronted atheists with their necessity for near-omnipotence to uphold their special knowledge that no god has interacted with no part of this universe with billions of galaxies each containing billions of planets at no time in our timespace, and watched them say, CORRECT!, I can affirm atheism is blind religious faith.