• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Again! Apparently Replacement Theology Kills.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
One can hold to traditional Christian beliefs on the matter without holding hatred in your heart, nevermind being violent towards others. I believe that the Church is spiritual Israel that has inherited the promises of the nation of Israel and that all salvation is through Christ but it's not my place to judge anyone let alone say God has no use for an entire people.
Really? You think the Promised Land over in the Middle East belongs to Christians? Because that is one of the main promises given to Israel in our covenant.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Really? You think the Promised Land over in the Middle East belongs to Christians? Because that is one of the main promises given to Israel in our covenant.
No. And I think the Promised Land is Heaven, not any physical place. Regardless, all things ultimately belong to God, so it doesn't "belong" to Jews either (or Muslims, etc.).

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No. And I think the Promised Land is Heaven, not any physical place. Regardless, all things ultimately belong to God, so it doesn't "belong" to Jews either (or Muslims, etc.).
You are talking about the Church (or all Christians) inheriting the promises of Israel's covenant. God never promised us "heaven." Indeed the afterlife is not spoken of in the Torah at all. What is promised to us as part of the covenant is the Land of Canaan.

IF, and that's a big if, you really claim that Christians now inherit the promises of Israel, then it stands to reason you are claiming the Land of Canaan. If you aren't, then there is something wrong with your logic.

sooda

Veteran Member
You are talking about the Church (or all Christians) inheriting the promises of Israel's covenant. God never promised us "heaven." Indeed the afterlife is not spoken of in the Torah at all. What is promised to us as part of the covenant is the Land of Canaan.

IF, and that's a big if, you really claim that Christians now inherit the promises of Israel, then it stands to reason you are claiming the Land of Canaan. If you aren't, then there is something wrong with your logic.

Note! The word “catholic” is quite often used as the name of the Roman Catholic church; however, this is not true. The Roman Catholic church is the particular church located in Rome. It is a PART of the catholic church and not THE catholic church. Also, Israel is not the church. Nor is the Church the “New Israel.” The church did not replace the nation of Israel either. More about this can be read in my article on “Why the Church is catholic or universal.

The holy catholic church - Apostles Creed