• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Again! Apparently Replacement Theology Kills.

Shad

Veteran Member
It bothered me that officials were so slow to label it a hate crime, because it was so obvious. The killers walked across the street, ignoring all sorts of people they could have killed, making a bee-line for the kosher market. IOW the kosher market was targeted. Though slow to announce it, officials finally said it was a hate crime, an act of domestic terrorism.

It goes against the narrative.

Shad

Veteran Member
In America we need more balance between diversity and schism. We need a more friendly, open, public culture. I think what I suggest may sound a like it comes from the side, but what about instead of trying merely to argue against replacement theology in America what if we encourage and incentivize friendships and marriages between people of different wealth classes and possibly racial classes? We also popularize public dancing and encourage people meeting. We build public squares. We establish protocols for speaking to others in different groups in a friendly way, so its not such a weird and unknown field. We have public schools, so lets teach it in public schools. If I say 'Hello' am I flirting or merely being polite? Am I selling something? Nobody knows. Colleges are just packed with scared children who can't say hello to anyone they don't know. In this kind of situation you're going to reinforce ignorance, separation. Yes people are allowed by law to greet each other. There are dating services and attempts to help people meet; but its all somewhat shoddy. Relationships are seen as minefields. Its dangerous to meet people. It feels dangerous to speak to someone who's not in your class, especially if you're a shy person (and many people are). We have coed public education, but that just seems to be very awkward. All of this contributes to the kind of problem that lets some stupid ideas turn into fighting.

Freedom of association. Government has no right telling people who they should associate with nor providing benefits if someone marries a person of another race merely because of race. You are suggesting a form of discrimination with a positive slant as cover, nothing more.This can also incentivize fraud as love is not the primary factor just race.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Government has no right telling people who they should associate with
Agree there. Certainly it has no rights at all. People have rights to freely associate without government interference. I don't suggested any particular government action or discrimination beyond tax incentives and educational incentives which are both things that government already has by degrees. It does have permission to regulate some thing with tax and money and already does give tax benefits to minorities and the children of minorities, and it has educational incentives for minorities. By protocols I just am talking about educating about the ways people interact politely not a government enforced way to act.

shmogie

Come on. You can't expect anyone to take such melodramatic hyperbole seriously. Christians have always had a dominant position of privilege and power in American society. They just like to play the persecuted martyr card whenever they see people gain rights, freedoms, and equality that they don't want them to have.
Wrong. We believe all people should have all of the rights granted them in the Constitution, including us
When our rights are attacked we complain, isn't that what all the social warriors do ?

We know a time will come when we will be persecuted on an extreme scale. It is based upon various instructions in the Bible.
In most of the world Christians weren't violently persecuted for a long long time. Now they are on a huge scale. We haven't reached that point, and may not for a long time, but it will come.

You get the response you deserve. Be civil and respectful, and you will be in return. Act like an a*s and you will be treated like one.

leov

Jews in Israel are responsible for the death of Jews in the US, because cops in a different state were trained by Jews?

Do you think Israel was training these cops to be racist or do you think they were training them in offensive and defensive maneuvers?
I do not think so, I hope not. But psychopaths are everywhere.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I know Calvinist and Presbyterians are considered evangelicals, but it is hard for me to feel they fit that category, since they like the Catholic Church are heavy into replacement theology and teach that God is finished with the nation of Israel appropriating all the future promises in the scriptures given to Israel falsely to the church, contrary to the Bible and reality.
The Catholic Church has utterly repudiated replacement theology.

Furthermore, the Presbyterians and Calvinists are not the only Evangelicals and Fundamentalists that are replacement theology. For example, if I am not mistaken, the SDA's are also.

IndigoChild5559

It goes against the narrative.
Yes. I was reading an article about how the Jersey City shooting was politically inconvenient. The prevailing theory is that racism is always systemic, that it is always by the privileged class against those who are struggling to make it. Yet this shooting was against Jews, a minority who has done well in the US, by black, a minority which is struggling. According to the prevailing theory, this can't possibly be racist. Fat chance.

shmogie

What is it with you and the F word? Don't you know how to disagree politely?
The F word ? I wrote no word. Of course I know how to disagree politely. Yet I don't give respect, when a post denies me respect , I respond in kind, disrespectfully.You and I will probably disagree on this, but that is perfectly fine.

Shad

Veteran Member
Yes. I was reading an article about how the Jersey City shooting was politically inconvenient. The prevailing theory is that racism is always systemic, that it is always by the privileged class against those who are struggling to make it. Yet this shooting was against Jews, a minority who has done well in the US, by black, a minority which is struggling. According to the prevailing theory, this can't possibly be racist. Fat chance.

That is because people redefine racism to fit their narrative by only using one definition as if it is the only definition. Prevailing theory is even questionable.

Shad

Veteran Member
Agree there. Certainly it has no rights at all. People have rights to freely associate without government interference. I don't suggested any particular government action or discrimination beyond tax incentives and educational incentives which are both things that government already has by degrees.

By rewarding interracial marriage you are discriminating against non-interracial marriage via the benefits and who is applicable to those benefits.

It does have permission to regulate some thing with tax and money and already does give tax benefits to minorities and the children of minorities, and it has educational incentives for minorities.

I disagree with incentives based only on race regardless of the supposed power of the government.

By protocols I just am talking about educating about the ways people interact politely not a government enforced way to act.

Government mandated education of this type is still flawed as it is government mandated social engineering. You are not merely suggesting normal interaction by specific race based interactions.

IndigoChild5559

The F word ? I wrote no word. Of course I know how to disagree politely. Yet I don't give respect, when a post denies me respect , I respond in kind, disrespectfully.You and I will probably disagree on this, but that is perfectly fine.
Writing an F is short for the F word. Don't insult my intelligence.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have always said that Replacement Theology (also known as Supersessionism) is the manure that fertilizes anti-Semitism. It's typical form is to believe that physical Israel has passed away, and the Church is now Israel, replacing physical Israel, and inheriting Israel's promises. Until the holocaust, this was the typical belief of Christians. However, after the Shoah, most Christian churches recognized it as one of the reasons for the deaths of the six million Jews, and repudiated it (most notably the Catholic Church). Today, the doctrine is held only by evangelicals and fundamentalists and fringe groups.
I don't believe its the main factor in anti-Semitism in Europe, but maybe you can provide some further examples. There is a common factor not necessarily a direct causation. Supersessionism is an excuse some people have used. I think that politic is the main source in America. Groups that get persecuted are in some way inconvenient to a politician or business. "Follow the money" as they say.

InChrist

Free4ever
The Catholic Church has utterly repudiated replacement theology.

Furthermore, the Presbyterians and Calvinists are not the only Evangelicals and Fundamentalists that are replacement theology. For example, if I am not mistaken, the SDA's are also.
There may be some fringe religious groups which are anti-Semitic, but I think the rise in anti- Semitism and hatred against Jews in recent years is primarily due to the BDS movement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/13/rise-anti-semitism-left/

sooda

Veteran Member
I don't believe its the main factor in anti-Semitism in Europe, but maybe you can provide some further examples. There is a common factor not necessarily a direct causation. Supersessionism is an excuse some people have used. I think that politic is the main source in America. Groups that get persecuted are in some way inconvenient to a politician or business. "Follow the money" as they say.

Supersessionism Hard and Soft | David Novak

danieldemol

Premium Member
There may be some fringe religious groups which are anti-Semitic, but I think the rise in anti- Semitism and hatred against Jews in recent years is primarily due to the BDS movement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/13/rise-anti-semitism-left/
According to your article the biggest contributor to anti Jewish incidents was extremist Muslims, who are not liberals.

In the left there are people opposed to Israel, and then there are people who simply believe that like all other nations it should comply with international law, but do not have any opposition to the existence of the state of Israel.

That’s the thing about liberalism. It has no orthodoxy.

sooda

Veteran Member
According to your article the biggest contributor to anti Jewish incidents was extremist Muslims, who are not liberals.

In the left there are people opposed to Israel, and then there are people who simply believe that like all other nations it should comply with international law, but do not have any opposition to the existence of the state of Israel.

That’s the thing about liberalism. It has no orthodoxy.

Trump is mucking about passing a law that will remove Federal funding from any university that permits anti-Semitism. I don't fully understand it, but many Jews are opposed to it because it targets Jews and identifies them as a "race"..

Trump to sign order recognizing Jewish university students ...
https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-to-sign-order-recognizing-jewish-university...
9 days ago · Trump to sign order recognizing Jewish university students as a protected class Legislation effectively recognizes Jews as an ethnic minority; colleges that …

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
remove Federal funding from any university that permits anti-Semitism. I don't fully understand it, but many Jews are opposed to it because it targets Jews and identifies them as a "race"..
Race, shmace. The law defines them as an ethnic group, which is what we are. And I say, do whatever you can to help them, because Jewish students have really been suffering lately, especially because of the BDS movement in campuses.

sooda

Veteran Member
Race, shmace. The law defines them as an ethnic group, which is what we are. And I say, do whatever you can to help them, because Jewish students have really been suffering lately, especially because of the BDS movement in campuses.

I think its a mistake to single out Jewish people as special.