• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Again! Apparently Replacement Theology Kills.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The cop hater part is not typical of Christian views. It does suggest more is going on
BHIs aren't typical Christians...
Remember the Covington kids? Also BHIs that started everything by being rude to them and laughing at them - a bunch of kids minding their own business...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I never said that Jews are racist, but now that you raised the topic I would say some of them can be racist as can Muslims.

Anyone who says all Jews or all Muslims believe X to be true is usually about to demonstrate their ignorance.
Certainly can't say anything about all.:)

PruePhillip

I think there is a missing link here, for example I think that for all their faults Jehovah’s Witness do not kill Jews, and they interpret the 144,000 Christians to be the true Israel.

There has to be something extra added to the beliefs which makes it necessary to KO those seen as pretenders, and I would think that missing link is what kills, not the supersessionism itself.

Thoughts?

Yeah, off topic, but that 144,000 business that the JW's currently believe.
It's a metaphor - and it refers to the faithful amongst the twelve tribes.
Odd how the JW's think some of their own can partake of the bread and
wine because they have been chosen for this group.

shmogie

wr2yCy3.jpg
Clowning dickweeds say things like this. Nope will not ever shut up. FU

PureX

Veteran Member
You said Jews. If you said Muslims it would be the same. Jews and Muslims dogmatically disbelieve in race. Its an article of faith, unchangeable dogma for centuries and centuries.
And yet people are people, and people are bigots. Often race-based bigots, though sex, money, religion, and national origin also become a common basis for bigotry. Sorry, but religious dogma doesn't negate human nature.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
And yet people are people, and people are bigots. Often race-based bigots, though sex, money, religion, and national origin also become a common basis for bigotry. Sorry, but religious dogma doesn't negate human nature.
You have said "Jews can be and certainly are just as racist as any other religious group." Jews and Muslims don't believe there are races, so they are not "Just as racist as any other religious group." All of the Hindus who believe in special Aryan races, and all of the Christians who believe in the Shem Ham Japheth division into races and so forth they are definitely much, much more racist than most other religions. Bottom of the chart near to Zero are the Muslims and Jews.

InChrist

Free4ever
Last week two Black assailants killed a cop in a cemetery, then drove a mile to a kosher grocery store and killed three Jews that were inside. After a long shootout with the cops, both the shooters were also killed. I've been in shock for days.

It bothered me that officials were so slow to label it a hate crime, because it was so obvious. The killers walked across the street, ignoring all sorts of people they could have killed, making a bee-line for the kosher market. IOW the kosher market was targeted. Though slow to announce it, officials finally said it was a hate crime, an act of domestic terrorism.

A quasi manifesto was left in the van, three pages long, filled with hatred towards cops and Jews. All sorts of guns, and a pipe bomb were also left in the van. It was obvious that this was only the beginning of what they intended to be a killing spree. Next door to the grocery store was a school, with all sorts of little children hiding on the second floor. I'm terrified that would have been next. Baruch Hashem for the police, who stopped the carnage at its beginning.

One of the shooters was associated with a group called the Black Hebrew Israelites. It is not clear whether he had officially joined, but he espoused their ideas. The group is a cult that is on the terrorist watch list. They believe that whites are the devil, that Jews are fake Israel, and that Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans are the True Israel. In other words, a form of Replacement Theology.

I have always said that Replacement Theology (also known as Supersessionism) is the manure that fertilizes anti-Semitism. It's typical form is to believe that physical Israel has passed away, and the Church is now Israel, replacing physical Israel, and inheriting Israel's promises. Until the holocaust, this was the typical belief of Christians. However, after the Shoah, most Christian churches recognized it as one of the reasons for the deaths of the six million Jews, and repudiated it (most notably the Catholic Church). Today, the doctrine is held only by evangelicals and fundamentalists and fringe groups. The RT of the Black Hebrew Israelites is an extreme version, but it shows the connection to anti-Semitism. After all, if they are the true Israel, what are Jews except pretenders?

It seems like every time I turn around lately, there is another shooting of Jews here in America. Pittsburgh. Poway. Now Jersey City. The USA is supposed to be the safest place for Jews, and it doesn't feel very safe anymore.
I found your post to be very informative, but not quite accurate. Fringe groups can be very anti- Semitic, but certainly most evangelical and fundamental Christians are the exact opposite and very supportive of Israel, understanding that the church has not replaced Israel. By fundamentalist I mean simply one who believes the fundamental teachings of the Bible. In the past the Catholic Church perpetrated the idea that the church had replaced Israel, but there have always been Christians who never accepted that as lining up with the scriptures.
Anti-Semitism is on the rise and I believe it is due to a combination of forces from the extreme right groups you mentioned who do believe they replace Israel. along with and even more so liberal groups who are pushing the BDS movement. These groups are rampant on college campuses and even in many churches, spewing hate and anti-Israel and Jewish sentiments.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I've seen some of the ideology online where folks believe that major people groups with lighter complexion were actually folks of darker complexion originally. these people groups include Israelites, Egyptians, and even native American tribes. I've only really seen these beliefs forming in America, though.

I always thought it was just harmless delusion, but apperently it'sbeen taken too far by these folks.
All of us originally had dark skin, and humanity came out of Africa.

Jews were once pretty homogenous, and we believe we had a medium tone skin with a reddish tint (if I remember correctly, "adam" not only means man, but also means red earth).

However, once in the diaspora, there came converts who then intermarried, and the Semitic genes mixed with other genes. Today we have Jews of every shade around the world.

IndigoChild5559

Google: US cops trained in Israel
It may be a contributing issue?
This may be of interest, for example,
Israeli-trained police invade Baltimore in crackdown on Black Lives Matter
I went to a Black Lives Matter protest. Jews have been a part of the Civil rights movement since the beginning. Since then, I learned just how racist BLM really is, and I am horrified. I'll still support Blacks in their quest for equal and fair treatment. But I'll never have anything more to do with BLM again.

IndigoChild5559

I found your post to be very informative, but not quite accurate. Fringe groups can be very anti- Semitic, but certainly most evangelical and fundamental Christians are the exact opposite and very supportive of Israel, understanding that the church has not replaced Israel.
I do understand that not all evangelical and fundamentalist groups espouse replacement theology. But the churches that do believe it are largely evangelical and fundamentalist.

And though they don't actually teach anti-Semitism, there ARE anti-Semites in their pews, and they do not actively teach against it. They rather feel it's not related to salvation, and so not the church's business.

Remember that the shooter in Poway was an ardent Calvinist at his local evangelical Presbyterian church.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
All of us originally had dark skin, and humanity came out of Africa.

Jews were once pretty homogenous, and we believe we had a medium tone skin with a reddish tint (if I remember correctly, "adam" not only means man, but also means red earth).

However, once in the diaspora, there came converts who then intermarried, and the Semitic genes mixed with other genes. Today we have Jews of every shade around the world.

I work with someone who is of Ashkenazi origin that I've talked about this stuff with. She was telling me about a lost tribe that was found recently that had moved into Africa in ancient times. Super interesting stuff. :)

DNA-ETHIOPIANS-1024x681.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Clowning dickweeds say things like this. Nope will not ever shut up. FU
Come on. You can't expect anyone to take such melodramatic hyperbole seriously. Christians have always had a dominant position of privilege and power in American society. They just like to play the persecuted martyr card whenever they see people gain rights, freedoms, and equality that they don't want them to have.

whirlingmerc

BHIs aren't typical Christians...
Remember the Covington kids? Also BHIs that started everything by being rude to them and laughing at them - a bunch of kids minding their own business...

There are cultural superficial so called Christians and always were.
Jesus said there would be weeds sown along with the wheat.

whirlingmerc

Come on. You can't expect anyone to take such melodramatic hyperbole seriously. Christians have always had a dominant position of privilege and power in American society. They just like to play the persecuted martyr card whenever they see people gain rights, freedoms, and equality that they don't want them to have.

Evangelicals were by far the main voice in stopping the slave trade between England, Africa and the US.

Schools, Hospitals, Orphanages, and many expressions of mercy are not the stuff of putting down minorities rather valuing people as being made in the image of God.

We answer to a higher power and he is the protector of orphans and widows as well as the stranger.

InChrist

Free4ever
I do understand that not all evangelical and fundamentalist groups espouse replacement theology. But the churches that do believe it are largely evangelical and fundamentalist.

And though they don't actually teach anti-Semitism, there ARE anti-Semites in their pews, and they do not actively teach against it. They rather feel it's not related to salvation, and so not the church's business.

Remember that the shooter in Poway was an ardent Calvinist at his local evangelical Presbyterian church.
I know Calvinist and Presbyterians are considered evangelicals, but it is hard for me to feel they fit that category, since they like the Catholic Church are heavy into replacement theology and teach that God is finished with the nation of Israel appropriating all the future promises in the scriptures given to Israel falsely to the church, contrary to the Bible and reality.

Tumah

Veteran Member

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
There are cultural superficial so called Christians and always were.
Jesus said there would be weeds sown along with the wheat.
Bro, simply saying these aren't "real" Christians and washing your hands of it doesn't really solve anything. Now, clearly I wasn't blaming all Christians for this specific story, but their ideology has at least a few classic Christian ideas. With that being said, I'll re-state what you quoted: These aren't typical Christians.