• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not a sin anymore???

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My business is to teach and to warn. Not to control or force.
Why would it be your business to "teach and warn"?

Who are you to pass judgment on another’s servant? Before his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Before trying to insist that others follow the Bible, maybe try following it yourself.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I see people claiming to be Christian who want homosexual behavior to not be a sin
My Bible says:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind … it is abomination, Lev. 18:22 (20:13).
There shall be no … sodomite of the sons of Israel, Deut. 23:17.
declare their sin as Sodom, Isa. 3:9
men … burned in their lust one toward another, Rom. 1:27.
nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1 Cor. 6:9.
them that defile themselves with mankind, 1 Tim. 1:10.
as Sodom and Gomorrha … going after strange flesh, Jude 1:7.
The Bible clearly reflects cultural biases, thus is not objective history. What consensual adults do in bed is none of my business.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And here you are trying to change the mind of God under the influence of humanist values, which considers the witch thing superstitious, cruel, and barbaric. Now, Christians like you agree, and revisionist apologetics deployed: "It never said that."
It actually is one of the many typos that plague the modern English Bibles (including KJV).
And the Church dismissed witchcraft as primitive superstitions. The Church even initially rejectes the Malleus Maleficarum as being extreme and absurd.
The Church actually became more superstitious as time went on, and seems to outdo itself every so often in terms of how far it has slid further into degeneracy. They may not kill people as witches anymore, but they're still banning books and still holding the anti-education values of the American Revivalist.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As a straight male, no male is going to suck my dick, regardless.
The point was that's not a universal view. There are gay guys, I've even known some, who don't view it as gay if a guy gives them head, and they see it this way because they aren't the ones doing it. That's the gay guy performing oral on him.

Truth in love

Actually I'm directly addressing the topic of the thread. Before you can claim that people no longer consider a thing to be a sin you have to first demonstrate that it was ever truly a sin in the first place.

As stated I’m addressing Christians and the Bible (as cited) clearly shows that.

InChrist

Free4ever
There are over 200 creator gods in human lore, and none are known to exist. So should we just take your word for it, or do you have verifiable evidence that at least one creator god exists?

Could you be mistaken in your claim above?

OK, so you are asserting that to be "spiritually blind" means that some mortals can't sense and understand evidence? You are implying this without directly claiming it.

And who gets to decide without any doubts what "God's will" truly is? You? What is the test that anyone can use to be absolutely certain they are correct? If there is none, then there can be no certainty.
The biblical scriptures start off with ...

...In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Gen. 1:1

and say in numerous places statements as...

For thus says the Lord, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the Lord, and there isno other. Isaiah 48:18

Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other Godbesides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me
“Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:21-22

No, don’t take my word for it. Search the scriptures and sincerely seek the true Creator God.

Acts17:11; Jeremiah 29:13

F1fan

Veteran Member
The biblical scriptures start off with ...

...In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Gen. 1:1

and say in numerous places statements as...

For thus says the Lord, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the Lord, and there isno other. Isaiah 48:18

Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other Godbesides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me
“Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:21-22

No, don’t take my word for it. Search the scriptures and sincerely seek the true Creator God.

Acts17:11; Jeremiah 29:13
So your argument is that the Bible is true because you believe the Bible is true?

That's not good enough for debate. It's a logical fallacy, so we throw it out. Your belief is irrelevant. Facts are relevant. Genesis is not correct factually.

BTW, you avoided answering my question that asked you if it was possible you could be mistaken.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Okay, but it is still fact that we know more than they did thousands of years ago. Why shouldn't we use current knowledge rather than knowledge from back then?
We know more as the world continues to kill itself and disintegrate and scientists explore outer space?

YoursTrue

So your argument is that the Bible is true because you believe the Bible is true?

That's not good enough for debate. It's a logical fallacy, so we throw it out. Your belief is irrelevant. Facts are relevant. Genesis is not correct factually.

BTW, you avoided answering my question that asked you if it was possible you could be mistaken.
You know, you have centuries of writing and history about the people of Israel. It's possible you could be mistaken in your beliefs, isn't it?

YoursTrue

We know more about medicine, psychology, the universe, etc. Lots of things that matter.
Things that matter? as mankind continues to kill itself, pollute the waterways, threaten nuclear war with their scientific achievements? Spend billions on outer space exploration maybe to continue the massacre?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm already going to hell - or so they tell me - for being a transsexual so being gay or bi is "whatever" to me. :rolleyes: I've grown up around gays and lesbians so it's really just as normal to me as heterosexuality. You just like a person. I still love God and He loves me. It's between Him and I. The early Church welcomed the Ethiopian eunuch, after all.
I love you as one the most important posters. I love you, God loves you more. I believe people are what the gender on their birth certificate states, sometimes with, dealing with what is clearly a female, she insists she is a a man , I will call her male titles, if she asks me to, because I want to respect her and feel sorry for her.

YoursTrue

Actually I'm directly addressing the topic of the thread. Before you can claim that people no longer consider a thing to be a sin you have to first demonstrate that it was ever truly a sin in the first place.
Interestingly enough, people in general consider stealing a sin. I mean no matter, atheists and groups of various kinds consider stealing bad (sin?), right?