• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not a sin anymore???

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, that is and has always been my point you (or @SkepticThinker) consider resurrection to be intrinsically more unlikely than “having 12 disciples” which is why you would require more historical evidence for the former than from the later.

So the issue is not the historical evidence, the issue is the philosophical assumption of not accepting resurrections

The ultimate point that I am making is that from the point of view of someone who already believes in God and already believes in miracles, “a resurrection” is not a big stretch……..and the historical evidence that we have should be more than enough to conclude that Jesus probably did resurrected.

I understand that from the point of view of an atheist (resurrections are likely to be impossible) there is not enough evidnece to conclude that Jesus rose from the dead

Do you understand that from the point of view of a theist (miracles occur and resurrections are likely) there are good reasons to conclude that Jesus rose from the dead?

I believe that is right. Try to tell a person who has experienced a miracle that they don't exist. You might as well try to tell someone that has seen a picture of the moon that it is made of green cheese.