• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

not a cult

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Recently, on two separate occasions and by two separate people I have been accused of running a cult

As fascinated as I am by cults, I have no interest in forming one

That is not my business

I don't want to become a cult leader

It is simply untrue that I want to run a cult - let alone am actually running one!

This is my website:

http://voiceofthesimulation.com

Does this look like a cult to you? Because it doesn't to me

I'm just an ordinary guy with a website, one of probably hundreds of millions

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Recently, on two separate occasions and by two separate people I have been accused of running a cult

That is not my business

It is simply untrue that I want to run a cult - let alone am actually running one!

This is my website:

Cults have followers. Do you have any?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Cults have followers. Do you have any?
No

But there are people who follow me on social media

But that doesn't make them cult members!

Following a person on social media does not mean they are your spiritual leader, or whatever!

If I do have a cult then it has zero members

Nimos

That is not my business

This is my website:

Had a quick look at it and I don't think that your website give off the impression of trying to become a cult leader. Having worked with online marketing, I would suggest that you change a few things.

I suppose your idea is to make an argument for the simulation theory idea, so people can read about it? If that is the case you have to present it very differently from what you are doing now.

1. The front page, which in most cases will also be your default landing page, you want something here that instantly grab the attention of the viewers or they will leave faster than the page can load. :)
You need to add a brief introduction to what simulation theory even is, you have to assume that those that visit the page know nothing about it. Starting with information about how much you spend on Facebook advertising is completely irrelevant for this topic and not interesting for anyone. I don't know why you would even add it?

2. Your logo and menu in the top needs to be much smaller as it almost fill up the whole screen, again people are not interested in this straight away. Especially the menu is presented very messy making it difficult to see each topic. In fact at first glance once I opened the page, I thought it was a "under construction page" sign.

3. Also the text on the page need to be normal size with no double line spacing, it makes it a nightmare to read things and you constantly have to scroll. Again this will make people leave very fast.

4. In general on the frontpage, it seems like you are spending most of the time trying to defend yourself, this is not relevant as no one is accusing you of anything and most likely, at first glance don't even care who you are. Also this is not why they visited your page to begin with, they wanted information about simulation theory. So again my suggestion would be to give a brief introduction to it, maybe 10-15 lines. Some interesting picture to draw attention and then present some information / quotes from some scientists that have worked with this idea.

5. Also on the frontpage you ask the question whether you believe it or not and to that you answer about 60% of it. As a viewer this give a pretty weird impression, so 40% of the stuff is just made up or you guessing or simply adding stuff that you yourself don't even believe in?
This information is irrelevant, if you have doubts about some of the things, you should explain why you have doubts about it and not throw a number on it, for me as a viewer it neither explain nor is useful in any way.

After that you again "defend" yourself saying that you don't see yourself as a prophet or want people to make you king. First of all, at this point there is a good chance that no one visiting your page have any clue what you are even talking about. And just above this you have stated that you only believe in 60% of it, so why on Earth would anyone even remotely think about you as being a prophet or want to make you a king? Besides that a king needs a kingdom :D

6. In general you need to structure your site better and approach if from a completely different angle. Look at it as a page of getting information for people that knows nothing about simulation theory. What is it? Are there different ideas of these? What are the counter arguments? Are there any evidence for it? At some point you can then introduce your own experience of how or why you believe it. But this needs to be done way later or as a very short introduction on the side of the page where it doesn't draw to much attention.

Anyway just some initial suggestions, haven't looked through all the stuff.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Had a quick look at it and I don't think that your website give off the impression of trying to become a cult leader. Having working with online marketing, I would suggest that you change a few things.

I suppose your idea is to make an argument for the simulation theory idea, so people can read about it? If that is the case you have to present it very differently from what you are doing now.

1. The front page, which in most cases will also be your default landing page, you want something here that instantly grab the attention of the viewers or they will leave faster than the page can load. :)
You need to add a brief introduction to what simulation theory even is, you have to assume that those that visit the page know nothing about it. Starting with information about how much you spend on Facebook advertising is completely irrelevant for this topic and not interesting for anyone. I don't know why you would even add it?

2. Your logo and menu in the top needs to be much smaller as it almost fill up the whole screen, again people are not interested in this straight away. Especially the menu is presented very messy making it difficult to see each topic. In fact at first glance once I opened the page, I thought it was a "under construction page" sign.

3. Also the text on the page need to be normal size with no double line spacing, it makes it a nightmare to read things and you constantly have to scroll. Again this will make people leave very fast.

4. In general on the frontpage, it seems like you are spending most of the time trying to defend yourself, this is not relevant as no one is accusing you of anything and most likely, at first glance don't even care who you are. Also this is not why they visited your page to begin with, they wanted information about simulation theory. So again my suggestion would be to give a brief introduction to it, maybe 10-15 lines. Some interesting picture to draw attention and then present some information / quotes from some scientists that have worked with this idea.

5. Also on the frontpage you ask the question whether you believe it or not and to that you answer about 60% of it. As a viewer this give a pretty weird impression, so 40% of the stuff is just made up or you guessing or simply adding stuff that you yourself don't even believe in?
This information is irrelevant, if you have doubts about some of the things, you should explain why you have doubts about it and not throw a number on it, for me as a viewer it neither explain nor is useful in any way.

After that you again "defend" yourself saying that you don't see yourself as a prophet or want people to make you king. First of all, at this point there is a good chance that no one visiting your page have any clue what you are even talking about. And just above this you have stated that you only believe in 60% of it, so why on Earth would anyone even remotely think about you as being a prophet or want to make you a king? Besides that a king needs a kingdom :D

6. In general you need to structure your site better and approach if from a completely different angle. Look at it as a page of getting information for people that knows nothing about simulation theory. What is it? Are there different ideas of these? What are the counter arguments? Are there any evidence for it? At some point you can then introduce your own experience of how or why you believe it. But this needs to be done way later or as a very short introduction on the side of the page where it doesn't draw to much attention.

Anyway just some initial suggestions, haven't looked through all the stuff.
Thank you for your help!

You are very sensible :)

Nimos

Thank you for your help!

You are very sensible :)
Sure no problem, also if you go on Wiki you can probably figure out who is into this theory and examine what they believe. A quick search turn up the name Nick Bostrom. So you can probably find some videos or debates with him and figure out what he believes and whether he actually support this idea or what his angel is.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No

But there are people who follow me on social media

But that doesn't make them cult members!

Following a person on social media does not mean they are your spiritual leader, or whatever!

If I do have a cult then it has zero members
Then you're safe: it's not a cult. :D

Like I said: cults have followers. All else aside, if your "group" is just you, it isn't a cult.

Azrael Antilla

That is not my business

This is my website:

Well if you are. It seems that sort of carry on never ends well.

Bodie

Enjoy the notoriety as it will most likely work in your favour.
Lucky numbers: 43 7 23 95 12 57
(I need to start writing one liners for fortune cookie makers or Hallmark)