• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norway Mosques Under Attack Threats

lunakilo

as i have condemned what a group of Muslims did against a church in Pakistan, i'd like to highlight what the minority Muslims in Europe are suffering, and now it's in Norway, as a group of anonymous had warned to burn all the Mosques in the Norway, i think if this happened in an islamic country against any other minority, the media will keep bothering it day and night but now it's all silent and nobody talks about it

Norway Mosques Under Attack Threats | Islam Story - Supervised by Dr. Ragheb Elsergany
Possibly I am missing some information here, but my first reaction was "what a silly thing to do".

Banners about sausages and a pigs head.
I understand thet people are offended by this, but it sounds more like the work of stupid people who think they are being funny rather than actual threats.

The threats to burn mosques is a serious matter in my opinion. I hope the police finds the people responsible for making the threats.
Still, there is a long way from making threats to carrying them out.
I think it it fair that actual attacks with actual dead and injured people take up more space in the media that threats do.
The police is taking the threats seriously so hopefully even if these people try to carry out the threats they will fail.

I am also a bit puzzled by the sentence: "In 2011, at least 76 people were killed and scores injured in twin anti-Islam attacks which targetd a government building in Oslo and a youth training camp on the nearby island of Utoya."
The way it is written it sounds like this was an attack on muslims in Norway which is simply not true. It was an attack on the government and the social democratic party of Norway. The reason given for the attack was the lack of restrictions on immigration (including muslims of course).
2011 Norway attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(thinking of the attack still makes me feel sick)

So all in all: though the sausage banner, the pigs head and the threats against mosques are wrong, I don't see why it should be a surprise that attacks that have actually taken place takes up more space in the media than this.

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
as i have condemned what a group of Muslims did against a church in Pakistan, i'd like to highlight what the minority Muslims in Europe are suffering, and now it's in Norway, as a group of anonymous had warned to burn all the Mosques in the Norway, i think if this happened in an islamic country against any other minority, the media will keep bothering it day and night but now it's all silent and nobody talks about it

Norway Mosques Under Attack Threats | Islam Story - Supervised by Dr. Ragheb Elsergany

So you really compare an attack on a Church in Pakistan that killed 50+ people, to baseless threats in Norway?

Big difference is, it has yet to happen in Norway. While in Pakistan, it is normal to rea headlines of suicide bombers killing many Shia and Christians everyday.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I can not understand why we should expect Norwegian Christians to react any differently to Pakistani Muslims.

Such Tit for Tat attacks are rife in the Middle East, but are less common in Europe.

It happens but media don't always talk about it.
It's some pork in front of the mosques, some nazi graffitis in muslims graves ...

But we have to admit that most of time nobody die of it.