• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Koreas coronavirus control program. Kill the infected.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Humans have already murdered millions of non-human persons to protect themselves from a disease that doesn't even pose any meaningful threat to their survival as a species. Par for the course, honestly - both are stupid behaviors that were irrational and unnecessary.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Dosent get better than this...

North Korea issues shoot-to-kill orders to prevent coronavirus: U.S.

Just wow.

Like the way we kill animals to control the spread of diseases. North Korea does it with humans.

That's terrible. Mind as well let people who have the illness spread it if they are going to shoot to kill. Sounds like people are being a bit contradictive. Kill people who we presume will kill others. I hope the U.S. doesn't come up with that nonsense.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The title of this thread is misleading and false. It does not say they shoot infected people in the article. It says they shoot anyone trying to enter the country over the borders. It says nothing at all about shooting infected people in their country. They claim they have none, because they shoot anyone trying to enter in. Not that that's much better, but it is at least accurate to the news article you linked us to.

You should change the title of this thread, as that qualifies as "fake news".

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Just wow.

Like the way we kill animals to control the spread of diseases. North Korea does it with humans.
Seems to me they shoot people who try to enter North Korea. USA did not want people to enter (e.g. mexicans and a wall, and after 9/11 became more careful excluding certain people if I remember correctly). It does make sense with corona to keep borders closed. I mean we have a full lock down in Holland now (stay inside except shopping). Sweden had borders also closed when they had their lock down. Seems common sense to me.

Note: Shooting is not my favorite, but it makes sense to close borders. IF borders would have been closed Covid would never have escaped China.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The title of this thread is misleading and false. It does not say they shoot infected people in the article. It says they shoot anyone trying to enter the country over the borders. It says nothing at all about shooting infected people in their country. They claim they have none, because they shoot anyone trying to enter in. Not that that's much better, but it is at least accurate to the news article you linked us to.

You should change the title of this thread, as that qualifies as "fake news".
North korea is also executing people living in the country as well. Not just outsiders by the DMZ.

Kim Jong Un ordered executions amid frantic efforts to control coronavirus, South Korea lawmaker says

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
North korea is also executing people living in the country as well. Not just outsiders by the DMZ.

Kim Jong Un ordered executions amid frantic efforts to control coronavirus, South Korea lawmaker says
Yes, I see that. The person executed had to do with the economy, not because he was infected. Neither article speaks of him shooting infected people.

This isn't to say, he's not insane. He is. I wouldn't put it past him to shoot infected people if there was an outbreak, but so far that's not what is being reported.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Just wow.

The title doesn't match the article. They aren't shooting to kill the infected, they are shooting to keep it out and not take that risk. Enter the buffer zone without permission, they shoot without warning. Being infected or not has nothing to do with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see the thread title has been change. It's still false. No one is reporting NC is killing the infected.
If NK were killing the infected we likely wouldn't know given the difficulties of getting such information out of NK.
And I'm not sure if I can condemn NK over it. This is a serious and deadly virus. The people would be devastated and the state (basically meaning the Kim dynasty) may potentially be brought to its knees.
So, yeah. Don't enter illegally. I thought Conservatives and Republicans and RWers in general loved that basic principle.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The title doesn't match the article. They aren't shooting to kill the infected, they are shooting to keep it out and not take that risk. Enter the buffer zone without permission, they shoot without warning. Being infected or not has nothing to do with it.
It seems a popular thing to do in these days. Disinformation is all the rage right now.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If NK were killing the infected we likely wouldn't know given the difficulties of getting such information out of NK.
And I'm not sure if I can condemn NK over it. This is a serious and deadly virus. The people would be devastated and the state (basically meaning the Kim dynasty) may potentially be brought to its knees.
So, yeah. Don't enter illegally. I thought Conservatives and Republicans and RWers in general loved that basic principle.
I'm surprised that hasn't been suggested by this current Administration, shoot those coming in from ****hole countries in order to keep covid out. But when you deny the virus is real, you gotta protect that fake narrative, I guess.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There "could" be but I never said there will be. Nothing wrong with that.
... And ninjas "could" flip through my living room window and pelt me to death with shurikens, but saying "I hope ninjas never flip through my living room window and pelt me to death with shurikens." would still be silly.

Last edited: