• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korea Says They Will Stop Testing Nukes

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Givin Kimmy's history of determination and tenacity to aggressively continue testing despite warnings so far.

Dosent this strike anyone as being strange for this all of a sudden change of "heart" to stop developing and testing?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Personally, I won't be popping any corks until a long time after any deal is signed.

IF it is real, this will be a huge win for Trump.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Kim is a master of propaganda. We'll see if there's any substance behind it.

Shad

Veteran Member
Givin Kimmy's history of determination and tenacity to aggressively continue testing despite warnings so far.

Dosent this strike anyone as being strange for this all of a sudden change of "heart" to stop developing and testing?

Perhaps China gave him his marching orders.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I won't be popping any corks until a long time after any deal is signed.

For South Korea, who have done most of the work. What has US done so far?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's already a huge win. When was the last time Kim or his mad lineage even considered peace talks or had a degree of dialogue with South Korea since the Korean War?

Shushersbedamned

Do you seriously believe that the US is not involved in the negotiations carried out by a strong ally with a mutual foe?
North Korea is Trump's ally. South Korea knows that. That's why they're pissed at anyone who says they are "trying to help", they know they are being ****ed from every direction.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
North Korea has indicated that they will stop the testing of nuclear weapons and dismantle their test sites. Maybe things are looking up for that region; that is if one thinks that North Korea can be trusted.
North Korea says will stop nuclear tests, scrap test site

American officials have expressed concern that Kim's offer is a tactic to head off American pressure to give up his nukes and the manufacture of nukes. By accepting it without any further concessions, he'd win, we'd lose, because it would leave him a nuclear threat to the US.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Okie dokie.

North Korea is Trump's ally. South Korea knows that. That's why they're pissed at anyone who says they are "trying to help", they know they are being ****ed from every direction.
That is a seriously twisted view you have going there.

American officials have expressed concern that Kim's offer is a tactic to head off American pressure to give up his nukes and the manufacture of nukes. By accepting it without any further concessions, he'd win, we'd lose, because it would leave him a nuclear threat to the US.
But more directly to South Korea and I don't see them agreeing to anything that would leave them vulnerable. That's just silly.

Jumi

With what little success they've had, I'm surprised they haven't quit embarasing themselves already.

Yerda

Veteran Member

Agreed. I've no love for Trump but I'd shake his hand if he played a significant role in denuclearising N Korea.