• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norse gods in fictional works

No. I don't believe humans are capable of anything that could offend the Gods, and I don't believe in arbitrary Cosmic Justice.

You die, you go to Hel regardless. Die in battle, either go to Valhalla to fight with Odin at Ragnarok (afterwards dying and going to Hel) or go to Folkvangr to... it's not remembered, but you'll presumably still eventually die again and go to Hel. We all go to Hel, because Hel is Death. What's in Hel? Nobody knows, because the only one who's gone there and returned is Odin himself, and he's not talking.
Is that what everyone believe about norse afterlife?What about Helgafjell?I mean its not mentioned in your post.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Is that what everyone believe about norse afterlife?What about Helgafjell?I mean its not mentioned in your post.

And I can FINALLY respond. ^_^

No, it's not what everyone believes. I didn't mention Helgafjell because I don't know about it. That would have been standard fare for ancient pagans, since different tribes would have had variations on the pan-mythology, and it's unlikely that those who didn't travel much would know about those variations. For example, the tribes that didn't believe in Valhalla probably also didn't know about it unless they extensively traded with those who did believe in it.

That's one of the beautiful things about Paganism as a whole: there's no standardization. And there shouldn't be, because religion and spirituality should not be a business.