• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norse Creation Myth

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Firing up a fresh one about how brilliant my mind is... jk For brevity's sake I'm targeting the Norse creation myth and my interpretation. There are numerous interpretations of the creation myth. I'm waiting for some definitive editions with the Eddas and Sagas, I just hope I like it. I can't write my definitive edition, that's total madness.

This will be a bit botchy, but I want to talk about it.

In the beginning there was the void, Ginnungagap. Which would be space, and cosmos. I just find it delightful.

VNUr0gq.jpg

or

pewihnD.jpg

The world tree.

and

Neanderthals are the Dwarves.

I0oji7e.jpg

I can't believe people didn't like it as much as I though. I put that out in various places and it was ill received. Like people want to believe in it, but don't really want to believe in it. Or they don't really believe in it and just find as enjoyable literature.

I can't find the myth that the Dwarves had created Man and kept them secret for sometime. Later showing the God they had created Man and the Gods were amused.

Please find it.

**Addition**

I even heard the Neanderthals were to tall. Your average human is 5-6ft tall, while I at 6'1 tower over most people I meet, I mean, averages are kind of awry at this point, I digress.

Many people are 6-7ft tall as well. I don't even know why I started this noaw... :eek:

There's no segregation anymore. It's a laugh.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I can't find the myth that the Dwarves had created Man and kept them secret for sometime. Later showing the God they had created Man and the Gods were amused.
That...honestly sounds like the creation of the Dwarves in the Silmarilion.

Which should not be surprising. Tolkien is easily one of the best scholars(and lovers) of Norse myth & culture.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
There is no Wotan noaw... :eek::eek::eek:

Richard Dawkins isn't even relevant anymore. I still hate som shenanigan. There is no Wotan.

So instead of swearing which this forum forbids in even asteriks I will state, shenanigan. That's comedy, eh?

If I must read this Tolkiens work, my god... I haven't even watched the films.

I can't find the Norse myth, there is one interpretation where the Dwarves created Man not Odin and his brothers.

If I remember correctly they also hid Man from the Gods out of fear then later presented Man to the Gods.

If I didn't sound insane enough I could work this into evilution with the Denisovans.

Some people like it, some people don't. It's what the minds eye told me. I'm quite confident I'm correct, but it's not totally my idea, I later found out other people were aware of it as well.

Isn't that funny when you think you may have acquired a unique idea from your mind and you find out other people are working on it.