• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's why I'm questioning it. To me, it could very well be a made-up belief to tie in the different religions with the Baha'i concept of progressive revelation. But... if the concept is real and is the why the one true God did things, why not make it clear... "This man is a manifestation. He is bringing you the truth about me, the one true God." And then say, "These other guys are prophets. They aren't the same as a manifestation." And then make it clear how each is defined.

So how did Jesus fair when he gave a Message, that veiled his true station. What about Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah?

Mankind is still very immature when it comes to embracing our spiritual selves.

If we do not embrace the concept now, what makes one think they would have 2000 years ago?

Yet the Station of a Manifestation shows us how the Christians could see Jesus as God. It explains the error of the Trinity, which Muhammed in the 600's already told the Christians not to purse as the trinity doctrine. It has just become a great veil.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that is describing the "gifts" of the spirit. Something that any believer could be given.

A believer can only be given these gifts from the Messenger, not directly from God.

God gives them to the Messengers and by faith we are born again into that spirit.

So verse 7

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Christ, the Manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Verse 7 to 11 I see tells us the various aspects of the Spirit that is given to us via the Messengers.

Verse 12 tells us that Christ is more than One Body, more than the One flesh Jesus.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Verse 13 shows us how we connect to the Messengers and notice this is the Message of Baha’u’llah, that all the Messengers are One in Christ, One Spirit, One Body and that we are made One in them.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Verse 12 and 13 are amazing. I would not have seen this before, if you had not asked, so thank you.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
So how did Jesus fair when he gave a Message, that veiled his true station. What about Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah?

Mankind is still very immature when it comes to embracing our spiritual selves.

If we do not embrace the concept now, what makes one think they would have 2000 years ago?

Yet the Station of a Manifestation shows us how the Christians could see Jesus as God. It explains the error of the Trinity, which Muhammed in the 600's already told the Christians not to purse as the trinity doctrine. It has just become a great veil.

Regards Tony
What would have been the problem with the Bible saying, "And God created manifestations that were perfect reflections of God. God first sent Adam, then Noah, then Abraham..." and so on? These three are the main ones I'm questioning. I see no reason or no need to believe they were manifestations. They founded no religion, brought no book and very well could be mythical characters. If all you've got is that Baha'u'llah said they were manifestations, that's okay. But it gives me no reason to believe him.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What would have been the problem with the Bible saying, "And God created manifestations that were perfect reflections of God. God first sent Adam, then Noah, then Abraham..." and so on? These three are the main ones I'm questioning. I see no reason or no need to believe they were manifestations. They founded no religion, brought no book and very well could be mythical characters. If all you've got is that Baha'u'llah said they were manifestations, that's okay. But it gives me no reason to believe him.

Well who am I to question God as to how to best educate us in the ways of the Spirit, throughout the entire evolution of humanity?

They are not questions I can answer for you.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
A believer can only be given these gifts from the Messenger, not directly from God.

God gives them to the Messengers and by faith we are born again into that spirit.

So verse 7

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Christ, the Manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Verse 7 to 11 I see tells us the various aspects of the Spirit that is given to us via the Messengers.

Verse 12 tells us that Christ is more than One Body, more than the One flesh Jesus.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Verse 13 shows us how we connect to the Messengers and notice this is the Message of Baha’u’llah, that all the Messengers are One in Christ, One Spirit, One Body and that we are made One in them.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Verse 12 and 13 are amazing. I would not have seen this before, if you had not asked, so thank you.

Regards Tony
Whatever, I know that those Christians that believe in the gifts, say that a Christians has to be "baptized" by the Holy Spirit and then gets filled with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit gives them a gift or two. But I know you are coming from a different "frame of reference". To me, this was all just Paul clearly up things about the gifts of the Spirit and in chapter 13 shows them a better way.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well who am I to question God as to how to best educate us in the ways of the Spirit, throughout the entire evolution of humanity?

They are not questions I can answer for you.

Regards Tony
But the Baha'i Faith should have the answer. The Baha'i Faith make the claim that these people were manifestations. The Baha'i Faith gives us the definition of a manifestation. Do these people really fit that definition?
Manifestations of God are seen as Divine Educators, who are raised up by God with the purpose of uplifting mankind and expressing His will. In expressing God's intent, these Manifestations are seen to establish religion in the world and each one brings a book, and reveals teachings and laws according to the time and place which they appear.

Bahá’u’lláh referred to several historical figures as Manifestations. They include Adam, Noah, Zoroaster, Krishna, Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad. The Báb, as well as Himself, were included in this definition. Thus religious history is interpreted as a series of dispensations, where each Manifestation brings a somewhat broader and more advanced revelation, suited for the time and place in which it was expressed.
Establishing a religion and bringing a book? Adam, Noah and Abraham were characters in a book, and even for Baha'is some of things about them aren't believed to be literally or historically; true.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
And do all religions believe that? Especially with these verses from Paul. The Holy Spirit is not Jesus and is not God, the Father, to them. For some Christians, the gifts come from the Holy Spirit.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
And do all religions believe that? Especially with these verses from Paul. The Holy Spirit is not Jesus and is not God, the Father, to them. For some Christians, the gifts come from the Holy Spirit.
Hinduism is the largest non-prophet charity in the world.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If all you've got is that Baha'u'llah said they were manifestations, that's okay. But it gives me no reason to believe him.
You would have no reason to believe they were manifestations unless you were a Baha'i.
If you continue to refer to the Bible as if it is the 'final authority' that is what you will believe for the rest of your life.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I can tell you that the belief that Abraham was a manifestation of God is not based upon any verses in the Bible or the Quran.
Well, Abraham is presented as a Prophet in the Qur'an, but it doesn't definitely say He was a Manifestation of God as we would term it as far as I know. As you know there are different classes of Prophets.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please read again. It's a joke.

To which I saw the pun intended and will offer you a :)

Now if every one was involved in a non profit charity, there would be no profits to share with other charities. :D;)

In a world that needs an economic balance, and to enable all humanity, I wonder if charitable works that also aim to share profits, may be the way? Not be scared of them, but learn how to use them correctly. That has been the issue In the past, people using both no profit and profit based charities for their own gain, not in it to do good for all!

Yes, my wife also knows I never let go of a point I see needs to be made, but she still loves me and says, yes dear! :cool:

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I missed that too when I first read it, lol.

I did not miss it , but thought never let a chance go by.

I have been wondering how the worlds largest non profit charity, being the worlds 3rd largest charity, behind the two largest profit based charities, will embrace the fact that one God gives all charities as profit based. :D;)

Go figure, God has given us charities with profits!

Regards Tony