• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-Muslims and the Quran

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I like this one,its kind of Lord of the Rings meets Dr Doolittle,bit tough on the Hoopoe Bird

27:15We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"Walaqad atayna dawoodawasulaymana AAilman waqala alhamdulillahi allathee faddalana AAalakatheerin min AAibadihi almu/mineena
27_15.gif
27:16And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)"Wawaritha sulaymanu dawoodawaqala ya ayyuha alnnasuAAullimna mantiqa alttayri waooteenamin kulli shay-in inna hatha lahuwa alfadlualmubeenu
27_16.gif
27:17And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts,- of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks.Wahushira lisulaymanajunooduhu mina aljinni waal-insi waalttayrifahum yoozaAAoona
27_17.gif
27:18At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."Hatta itha ataw AAalawadi alnnamli qalat namlatun ya ayyuhaalnnamlu odkhuloo masakinakum la yahtimannakumsulaymanu wajunooduhu wahum la yashAAuroona
27_18.gif
27:19So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."Fatabassama dahikan min qawlihawaqala rabbi awziAAnee an ashkura niAAmataka allateeanAAamta AAalayya waAAala walidayya waan aAAmala salihantardahu waadkhilnee birahmatika fee AAibadikaalssaliheena
27_19.gif
27:20And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?Watafaqqada alttayra faqalama liya la ara alhudhuda am kana minaalgha-ibeena
27_20.gif
27:21"I will certainly punish him with a severe penalty, or execute him, unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence)."LaoAAaththibannahu AAathabanshadeedan aw laathbahannahu aw laya/tiyannee bisultaninmubeenin

Sahar

"Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance." ِAn-Nahl: 125

"Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of
Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."ِ
Al-Zumar:53

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." Al-Hujurat:13

Sahar

"And the servants of ((Allah)) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!" ِAl-Furqan: 63

"And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend." Fussilat:34

nameless

The Creator
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (009:5 Sahih International)

Bob Dixon

>implying
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (009:5 Sahih International)

OMG! I love taking quotes out of context, too! It makes me feel so much better about my own beliefs. So much more liberated and non-savage. It's great, I love it.

Many Sages One Truth

Is this talking about all Polytheists, or just the Bedouins? You know they were so savage they buried their daughters alive right?

Many Sages One Truth

Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. (004:056 Yusufali )

Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
(Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

You don't see the obvious metaphor in that? "As often as their skins are roasted through, we shall change them for fresh skins"= Reincarnation, not literal hell

Bismillah

Submit
So when the Qur'an is recited, then listen to it and pay attention that you may receive mercy.[Qur'an 7:204]

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent. [Qur'an 112]

Blessed is He in whose hand is dominion, and He is over all things competent -[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving - [Qur'an 67:1-2]

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things. [Qur'an 24:35]

To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ. [Qur'an 5:49]

Last edited:

nameless

The Creator
Is this talking about all Polytheists, or just the Bedouins? You know they were so savage they buried their daughters alive right?

You don't see the obvious metaphor in that? "As often as their skins are roasted through, we shall change them for fresh skins"= Reincarnation, not literal hell
i already knew those deep meanings, so did posted them ... :)
and yes, islam believes in reincarnation

OMG! I love taking quotes out of context, too! It makes me feel so much better about my own beliefs. So much more liberated and non-savage. It's great, I love it.
to post a verse from a book is to quote out of context, and this thread is meant for that :)

Last edited:
"By the morning hours
And by the night when it is stillest,
Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
Did He not find thee an orphan and protect thee?
Did He not find thee wandering and direct thee?
Did He not find thee destitute and enrich thee?
Therefore the orphan oppress not,
Therefore the beggar drive not away,
Therefore of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse.
"

-- Qur'an 93, ad-Duha (the Early Hours)

Bob Dixon

>implying
to post a verse from a book is to quote out of context, and this thread is meant for that :)

Listen, I'm sure you don't have crippling autism, so you know what I meant.
You can't just put up a verse like that (presumably to show how "savage", "intolerant", and "violent" Islam is) without putting up some context, too.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it IS your favourite verse. That's fine. Just explain that, at the time, the Muslims were under attack from all sides, mostly by the polytheists. They refused to strike back for quite a while but, when this verse came into being, it represented a sort of freedom for them, the freedom to defend themselves.

"Have We not caused thy bosom to dilate,
And eased thee of the burden
Which weighed down thy back;
And exalted thy fame?
But lo! With hardship goeth ease,
Lo! With hardship goeth ease;
So when thou art relieved, still toil
And strive to please thy Lord."

-- Qur'an, 94: al-Inshirah (the Expansion)

nameless

The Creator
"The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment." (024.002 Sahih International)

Dont take it in wrong sense, there can be sometimes 'contexts' where adultery is a crime.

Last edited: