• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-Muslim Ramadan

Luna Marie

Hello I am a non Muslim , however I casually study Islam and many other religions . Studying religion is very much a passion of mine . For the past couple of years I have wanted to fast Ramadan for the experience & to just see what its like . My first question is , is it okay for a non - Muslim to fast Ramadan ? If so are there any tips or useful information you could give me about fasting for Ramadan ? Thanks

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hello I am a non Muslim , however I casually study Islam and many other religions . Studying religion is very much a passion of mine . For the past couple of years I have wanted to fast Ramadan for the experience & to just see what its like . My first question is , is it okay for a non - Muslim to fast Ramadan ? If so are there any tips or useful information you could give me about fasting for Ramadan ? Thanks
Hi Luna

As a first timer in Ramadan i guess i do have many of the same questions you have :) and it is no problem for a non muslim to go through ramadan, i was searching a little online now and found a link you might would like to look at.

The Non-Muslim Guide to Fasting During Ramadan | by Barbara Castleton, M.A. | Medium

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hi Luna

As a first timer in Ramadan i guess i do have many of the same questions you have :) and it is no problem for a non muslim to go through ramadan, i was searching a little online now and found a link you might would like to look at.

The Non-Muslim Guide to Fasting During Ramadan | by Barbara Castleton, M.A. | Medium
I remember the thing about women on their period being exempt, from when I tactlessly commented that a muslim woman in the office in Dubai, where I then worked, was surprisingly not keeping the fast. Oops.:oops: