• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
LaVeyan Satanism is the most well-known type of atheistic Satanism, but there are quite a few others with their own Satanic philosophies independent from the Church of Satan. These include:

The Satanic Temple: The Satanic Temple

United Aspects of Satan: http://uaofsatan.org/

The Sect of the Horned God: The Sect of the Horned God

Atheistic Satanism Website: http://atheisticsatanism.com/

To be honest, although LaVey has a very logical core philosophy, these organizations can apply Satanism in a much more modern aspect and aren't as dogmatic. I read Damien Ba'al's books and the philosophy is somewhat more open-minded. He isn't even forceful.

Thoughts? Comments? Has anyone ever heard of these organizations before?

LaVeyan Satanism is the most well-known type of atheistic Satanism, but there are quite a few others with their own Satanic philosophies independent from the Church of Satan. These include:

The Satanic Temple: The Satanic Temple

United Aspects of Satan: United Aspects of Satan

The Sect of the Horned God: The Sect of the Horned God

Atheistic Satanism Website: Atheistic Satanism: a non-supernaturalist religion for the modern age

To be honest, although LaVey has a very logical core philosophy, these organizations can apply Satanism in a much more modern aspect and aren't as dogmatic. I read Damien Ba'al's books and the philosophy is somewhat more open-minded. He isn't even forceful.

All junk.

No really. There's nothing left.

Liu

I know TST and the Sect of the Horned God.
Haven't heard of the other 2 mentioned.

Also, I know the Church of Rational Satanism: The Church of Rational Satanism - Home

The few other atheistic groups I can think of are rather small.

Haven't joined any so far.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
All junk.

No really. There's nothing left.
Also, @SabahTheLoner

Seconded, even "The Church of Satan" is just basically Peter Gilmore and Peggy Nadramia's bank account. It's about as legit as Scientology to me at this point. I use the quotes because it really have nothing to do with what it used to be. :) The Satanic Temple is basically a liberal political group so it really has nothing to do with the LHP at all.

In any case, I think if I was 100% atheistic (and not just atheistically inspired, yay science/reason/all of that) I'd be pretty miffed that these guys are diluting the whisky with their antics. :D

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

I am not to crazy on many of these Modern Satanic organizations in general, some groups like the Satanic Temple are more of a political organization which they enjoy getting so much publicity from the press of what they do. Some of these organizations aren't really Satanic in my opinion.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I know TST and the Sect of the Horned God.
Haven't heard of the other 2 mentioned.

Also, I know the Church of Rational Satanism: The Church of Rational Satanism - Home

The few other atheistic groups I can think of are rather small.

Haven't joined any so far.

Interesting. May I ask if the "rather small" groups you mentioned have websites? I've been researching Athiestic Satanism outside of LaVey because I still agree to the core philosophy of Satanism and I've been wondering what fits my beliefs and what doesn't. Not so I can conform to a group, but I want to know who else has my same thoughts.

Liu

Interesting. May I ask if the "rather small" groups you mentioned have websites? I've been researching Athiestic Satanism outside of LaVey because I still agree to the core philosophy of Satanism and I've been wondering what fits my beliefs and what doesn't. Not so I can conform to a group, but I want to know who else has my same thoughts.
Mostly it's just individual pracitioners. The only actual group that comes to my mind at the moment is a German one: Brotherhood of Samael
I'll add more when I remember them. I'm not that much into the purely atheistic kind.

Oh, and if you wanna include small LHP groups in general, then there is stuff like the Domus Kaotika Marauder Underground: https://www.dkmu.org/ (haven't looked much into them yet)
But whether they can be called atheistic is a matter of interpretation I suppose (they believe in godforms - but I know of people who believe in both godforms and spirits and still call themselves atheists, so...).

EDIT: One other small group came into my mind: The Occult Club of San Francisco State University. Very recently founded by the occultist Jacob McAdam and the satanist Shea Bilé, the latter of which also makes music and podcasts.
Occult Club at SFSU
There also a short documentation on one of their first rituals can be found.
I don't know whether they are theistic or atheistic, though, what I read so far could be interpreted either way.

EDIT2: And the Sinagogue of Satan that are, I think, an atheistic group as well.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
EDIT2: And the Sinagogue of Satan that are, I think, an atheistic group as well.

Don't forget the Satanic Chapel they are also a group that emerged from the COS the founder who founded the group was formerly involved with the COS. They're based in L.A California but I've heard that the Sinagogue of Satan supports them as well I believe. It's been a while checking out their site, but originally I was thinking about joining them and see if the group works for me. But I am not sure if the group has become defunct. And my beliefs are leaning more towards theism nowadays.