• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-Erotic Pole Dance -- Awesome!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes - those people exist (I know - I used to be one of them). But isn't there a forum on dance or the arts? Certainly people know the arts can be sensual??? :shrug:

That strikes me as funny, Nutshell, because you are definitely among those on this forum with the greatest appreciation for aesthetics, so far as I know. I mean how can anyone with your excellent eye and taste have once been scandalized by sensuality?

nutshell

Aaahhhh........thanks so much for sticking up for us dancin' folks. Kinda knew I could count on you, nutshell. :)

And on the flip side, both her heels and the pole she's dancing on is the standard one would find in a strip club. With those kinds of "props", that kind of ambience is set to imply eroticism.

If she were barefoot and on a dangling rope, I'm sure not as many would object. ;)

Peace,
Mystic

Exactly. The ONLY reason, IMO, that this may be considered too hot for some to handle is because it is being called "poledancing," a term that certainly comes with a lot of baggage. And yet, what else should this art be called?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Seriously, Nutshell, you're one of the best art critics I know of outside of the New Yorker's critics -- especially with movies.

nutshell

That strikes me as funny, Nutshell, because you are definitely among those on this forum with the greatest appreciation for aesthetics, so far as I know. I mean how can anyone with your excellent eye and taste have once been scandalized by sensuality?

I must have been in denial of what I was actually seeing.