• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"non-denominational" churches

Scott1

glasgowchick said:
There is no excuse for it whatever your reason for it....I feel very offended by your comment.
.... but I say something that is nice......... and get ignored.:(

I guess it's more fun to argue.... oh well.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
SOGFPP said:
.... but I say something that is nice......... and get ignored.:(

I guess it's more fun to argue.... oh well.

Hi Scott, hope all is well with you..forgive me please, I haven't been reading all the posts, I have been busy elsewhere as you can see...please, if you will reffer me to the post you are reffering to..And no it really is no fun to argue..I do know of one post you posted about everyone saying I love you? could this be the one, if so, ok then " Christian love to you " ;) ..I need to learn how to reply with single quotes...bye for now...

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
SOGFPP said:
Well, I must say that the idea sounds wonderful.....

NetDoc, we'll agree all day long on ecclesiology and the history of the Christian faith, but we do agree on one thing...... the most important thing..... Jesus is Lord!:D

Good enough for me.... nice chatting with ya.

I will second that "JESUS IS LORD" AMEN...I think I found your post :D

Scott1

glasgowchick said:
Hi Scott, hope all is well with you..forgive me please, I haven't been reading all the posts, I have been busy elsewhere as you can see...please, if you will reffer me to the post you are reffering to..And no it really is no fun to argue..I do know of one post you posted about everyone saying I love you? could this be the one, if so, ok then " Christian love to you " ;) ..I need to learn how to reply with single quotes...bye for now...
Hehe... I can be a bit of a "drama queen" sometimes....;) Post #106.

It's nice to read something positive from you.... I view non-Catholic Christians as brothers and sisters in Christ.... I guess it set me off to hear how those of us in "formal" denominations were "wrong" so to speak..... To me, being Catholic is how I choose to worship.... it is right for me.... I also believe the Catholic Church to posess the "fullness" of revealed truth in the Christian faith..... but that does not mean that I think for a second that anyone who is non-denominational is "wrong" or not "saved".... and although I like to discuss the differences in theology between us... this thread seems very unchristian, and I hope that it ends soon.

Scott

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
SOGFPP said:
Hehe... I can be a bit of a "drama queen" sometimes....;) Post #106.

It's nice to read something positive from you.... I view non-Catholic Christians as brothers and sisters in Christ.... I guess it set me off to hear how those of us in "formal" denominations were "wrong" so to speak..... To me, being Catholic is how I choose to worship.... it is right for me.... I also believe the Catholic Church to posess the "fullness" of revealed truth in the Christian faith..... but that does not mean that I think for a second that anyone who is non-denominational is "wrong" or not "saved".... and although I like to discuss the differences in theology between us... this thread seems very unchristian, and I hope that it ends soon.

Scott
Hi Again Scott, I am with you on your comment, this thread seems to be more of a battle ground than Christians sharing what they eachother believe..There is a difference between trying to show from what I believe to be Gods with love and compassion instead of battering one another up..I believe as I have said before that all baptized believers are part of the Church, people will always disagree with one another on some parts Scripture no matter who we are..Peace Scott and I hope all this bickering ends soon too. :)

njcl

i thought the topic of this thread might get spicy and i havnt been disappointed reading through it

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
glasgowchick said:
Hi Again Scott, I am with you on your comment, this thread seems to be more of a battle ground than Christians sharing what they eachother believe..There is a difference between trying to show from what I believe to be Gods with love and compassion instead of battering one another up..I believe as I have said before that all baptized believers are part of the Church, people will always disagree with one another on some parts Scripture no matter who we are..Peace Scott and I hope all this bickering ends soon too. :)

Hi Scott, do you like jokes..I hope so heres one for you

This athiest was walking through the woods admiring Gods creation
suddenly from the corner of his eye he sees a big bear coming straight at him
He starts to run as fast as he could but falls over a tree strunk
Next thing the bear is just about on top of him
The bear puts one paw on his throat, the other on his back
and with that the guy cries out " God save me"
Time stands still, a great light appears out of heaven and a voice says to him
After all these years you have denied me, you want me to save you now?
To this the guy replies" well fair enough" but will you please make the bear a christain?
Next thing time returns, there bear takes his paw off his throat, takes his paw off his back, joins his paws together and says," dear Lord thankyou for the meal Im about to recieve.... :biglaugh:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
UD said:
Well you aren't going to cinvince anyeone by saying "You should believe in Jesus because...
That's true UD! The answer though CAN be found in scripture!

John 13: 34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." NIV

Uncertaindrummer

glasgowchick said:
So Are you saying you don't believe in the bible, what is it your saying here? You shouldn't need for me to explain to you as to why I personally believe the bible, and because I haven't given you a reason to satisfy you, you still have no right to tell anyone to stop quoting from scripture..There is no excuse for it whatever your reason for it....I feel very offended by your comment.
You should not be offended by it. We disagree on the way Christianity should be, and you keep quoting the Bible to prove to me your position. I am merely saying that until you can provide proof that I should even CARE about what your Bible says, there is no need to bring it forth as evidence in an argument. I believe in the Bible because Jesus' Church infallibly defined the extenet of Scripture. You do not accept The Catholic Church's authority, so you need an alternate reason to believe in the Bible. If you don't want to share it, that is your business, but it definitly hinders the purpose of a discussion board.

Uncertaindrummer

NetDoc said:
That's true UD! The answer though CAN be found in scripture!

John 13: 34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." NIV
You confuse me. What has that quote to do with anything? We have been discussing rather charitably, and if you are insinuating that we should stop arguing or something, I would remind that Peter told us in one of his epistles to always be prepared to give an answer (i.e. "Apologia" Apologetics is an offshoot of the that word) and that is what we are doing.

You still haven't shown why you believe in the Bible, much less the Bible alone. You refuse to nlighten me as to your beliefs and yet have attacked mine. Until you start answering the SERIOUS holes in what oyu have proposed I am just going to ignore your attacks on Catholicism.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
UD...

I am sorry you didn't get the connection.

You said that I had to use SCRIPTURE to get people to believe. While that is a PART of it, the true "magic" of Christianity is in the love we have for one another. People would rather SEE a sermon than hear one any day. Our good Lord said that they will KNOW you are my disciples by THE LOVE you have for each other.

Unless the Spirit reveals this to you, you can not see it. There are charecteristics that will cause the Spirit to reveal it to some and not to others.

Uncertaindrummer

NetDoc said:
UD...

I am sorry you didn't get the connection.

You said that I had to use SCRIPTURE to get people to believe. While that is a PART of it, the true "magic" of Christianity is in the love we have for one another. People would rather SEE a sermon than hear one any day. Our good Lord said that they will KNOW you are my disciples by THE LOVE you have for each other.

Unless the Spirit reveals this to you, you can not see it. There are charecteristics that will cause the Spirit to reveal it to some and not to others.
I suppose of course that the Holy Spirit has revealed it to YOU of course, and you are absolutely sure of this?

Uncertaindrummer

NetDoc said:
Please show me ONE attack. Just one.
Go to page 9. There you clearly take issue with many parts of Catholicisim, and then when someone turns around and questions your belief in the Bible--which by the way, you have no basis for--you act as if we are doing something wrong.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
you do not except the catholic churches authority
That I will agree with... Mathew 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke unto them " ALL Authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.. [ HIM CHRIST] 19 and what does he do with His Authority? he tells us in Matthew 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name fo the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even till the end of the age..I don't know how you tell people the Gospel, but if you where telling the Gospel and they asked " by who's authority do you have to preach such things " would you say you have Christ Jesus authority or the popes authority?...Hebrews1:1-2 tells us GOD, After he spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days he spoke to us through His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world..The apostles had the authority to go preach the Gospels, including all followers of Christ have that same authority, it was commissioned by Christ...We are all a "Royal priesthood" in Gods eyes....

Do you believe that the Church is a higher authority than the Scripture, If so what your saying is I should believe the Bible because the catholic church says so...To me I believe the bible is the word of God because GOD said it is His word...The Apostles taught the teachings of Christ, so in turn Christ is my teacher and my head..I recieve all these books and these books only, as Holy and canonical, for the regulation, foundation and confirmation of my faith, believing without any doubt all things contained in them not because the church says so as such, but because the Holy Spirit reveals it to us in our hearts they are from God, and also because they carry the evidence thereof within themselves....There is no man and no Church here on earth with greater Authority than Christ Himself..

Uncertaindrummer said:
You should not be offended by it. We disagree on the way Christianity should be, and you keep quoting the Bible to prove to me your position. I am merely saying that until you can provide proof that I should even CARE about what your Bible says, there is no need to bring it forth as evidence in an argument. I believe in the Bible because Jesus' Church infallibly defined the extenet of Scripture. You do not accept The Catholic Church's authority, so you need an alternate reason to believe in the Bible. If you don't want to share it, that is your business, but it definitly hinders the purpose of a discussion board.

Stormygale

I was raised in a mix of Baptist and Pentecostal growing up. When I was invited by a friend to join his 'non denominational' church not long ago, I went out of sheer curiousity for what it really was. I went two or three times, trying to get a foothold on what the whole thing actually was.
No music. Singing old acapella hymns. They had a fight over one of the elders of the church sleeping with the secretary, and the elder resigning and walking out....lol. I know the last point does not sum up all churches..I just threw that in.
But yea, after growing up in firey churches like I did, the church was like walking into a morgue, no pun intended....it was so quiet that I wanted to leave. God is life. God is praise. Psalms tells us to use instruments and praise God. Make a joyful noise.

Seriousness is alright, but, I found no life in the church. It had a big congregation, however, was just not the thing for me. Sorry....

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
They had a fight over one of the elders of the church sleeping with the secretary
With all due respect, I don't see the point in mentioning that, we could dish out the dirt on priests, we could dog the JWS, But anything that goes on which is improper in any church I believe The Church soon deals with it...Im sorry I just don't see your point...We are all sinners and we all need salvation and forgiveness of sins through the Blood of Christ.There is repentance when we fall short, there is forgiveness if we repent and turn back to God..People may point the finger, people may disagree with the Scriptures but one thing is for sure, Scripture is clear on we all need Christ for our salvation..
Stormygale said:
I was raised in a mix of Baptist and Pentecostal growing up. When I was invited by a friend to join his 'non denominational' church not long ago, I went out of sheer curiousity for what it really was. I went two or three times, trying to get a foothold on what the whole thing actually was.
No music. Singing old acapella hymns. They had a fight over one of the elders of the church sleeping with the secretary, and the elder resigning and walking out....lol. I know the last point does not sum up all churches..I just threw that in.
But yea, after growing up in firey churches like I did, the church was like walking into a morgue, no pun intended....it was so quiet that I wanted to leave. God is life. God is praise. Psalms tells us to use instruments and praise God. Make a joyful noise.

Seriousness is alright, but, I found no life in the church. It had a big congregation, however, was just not the thing for me. Sorry....