• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Non-Christian Spiritual Checklist"

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
View attachment 70857
A couple of years or so back I went on a Christian course called Freedom In Christ at a local church

It was done from an evangelical/fundamentalist Christian perspective and I am not an evangelical or a fundamentalist so it was all a bit strange to me

At the time I had a relationship with a demonic being who had been haunting me since 2004 and who I have since got rid of

A part of this course involved repenting and disowning “familiar spirits”, which is what I class the being who bothered me as

But I didn’t want to disown him, at the time I considered him my friend!

I therefore dropped out of the course after only two or three sessions

At the beginning of the course we had to fill in a checklist of “non-Christian spiritual practices” and then repent them

I think I have found a copy of that checklist online (or a similar checklist, I'm not sure) and I present it to you here in this post.....

Which of these have you done or still do?

I’ve done “Automatic Writing” and “Unitarianism/Universalism”, as well as “Spirit Guides” :D

My score is therefore 3 out of 48
This is humorous. 9.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Caught me with masons, given I've probably helped in building a few brick and stone walls - the latter after destroying a car length worth after an evening out - but not returning to that wall for some particular reason. :oops:

Can't reject Buddhism either, given I still believe such has much validity. :peace:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
HA! They missed Druidry, suckers! We've successfully infiltrated them! HA! They overlook the demonic influences of trees, the fools! Nature is the most sinister influence of them all! :smilingimp:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I’ve only ever been involved in, dabbled with, practiced, followed, etc. 6 of the items. It didn’t have anything to do with having been Christian, I just wasn’t interested in them.

Colt

View attachment 70857
A couple of years or so back I went on a Christian course called Freedom In Christ at a local church

It was done from an evangelical/fundamentalist Christian perspective and I am not an evangelical or a fundamentalist so it was all a bit strange to me

At the time I had a relationship with a demonic being who had been haunting me since 2004 and who I have since got rid of

A part of this course involved repenting and disowning “familiar spirits”, which is what I class the being who bothered me as

At the beginning of the course we had to fill in a checklist of “non-Christian spiritual practices” and then repent them

I think I have found a copy of that checklist online (or a similar checklist, I'm not sure) and I present it to you here in this post.....

I’ve done “Automatic Writing” and “Unitarianism/Universalism”, as well as “Spirit Guides” :D

I got 21 things that I don't believe. It's interesting that they didn't include Judaism. Judaism began with a small cult around the person of Abraham. Christianity was a small cult inside Judaism for a long time until the Romans adopted it as a state religion.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Well, they throw in another eight--or more--choices under "other"...

so, anyway, 28 out of however many that would make...or maybe more, because I'm not sure the boundaries of some of the choices...

Yep! I'm BAAAAAAD!:D

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 70857

How are people supposed to control out of body experiences? Most of them happen when people are near death, right? It's not as though that can be helped. Perhaps some people attempt to induce them?

I'm also shocked that homosexuality isn't on the list.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm also shocked that homosexuality isn't on the list.
The list comes at the beginning of the course, about repenting "counterfeit" spiritual practices to start a "clean slate" to help find "freedom in Christ"

That homosexuality is an abomination is a given for those people so it didn't come up whilst I was on it

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@Eddi

I find your checklist a little iffy. There are things listed on it that generally speaking Christians are not at all opposed to, such as hypnosis or martial arts. It seems to be created by someone with a subtle paranoia that all these dangerous things are out there, including things that are pretty neutral.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I've dabbled with the UUs and Baha'is (and is still a member of both) but the only box I can really check is Other for being part of the non-Christian religion of Earthseed.

This checklist sounds like a way to keep people in check and is extremely judgmental.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When humans realise heavens gases that arose as spirit is a gas out of earths mass.

Rock ark is M plus A SS.
Rock ark procreated spirit of gas in space womb.

CH gases are man theoried by drawn angles.
Angles Angels.

CH isn't any bio man. Therefore wonder why you think Christ is holy when it came out of a volcanic opening.

Seeing you have to be a baby human created by sex born of a human woman's body. To be a human baby.

I think you said Jesus the man was an image and didn't have human sex.

Viker

Häxan
I checked off everything up to martial arts then checked other at the end. Do I get a cookie and Kool aid now? :p