• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Non-Christian Spiritual Checklist"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
checklist.jpg

A couple of years or so back I went on a Christian course called Freedom In Christ at a local church

It was done from an evangelical/fundamentalist Christian perspective and I am not an evangelical or a fundamentalist so it was all a bit strange to me

At the time I had a relationship with a demonic being who had been haunting me since 2004 and who I have since got rid of

A part of this course involved repenting and disowning “familiar spirits”, which is what I class the being who bothered me as

But I didn’t want to disown him, at the time I considered him my friend!

I therefore dropped out of the course after only two or three sessions

At the beginning of the course we had to fill in a checklist of “non-Christian spiritual practices” and then repent them

I think I have found a copy of that checklist online (or a similar checklist, I'm not sure) and I present it to you here in this post.....

Which of these have you done or still do?

I’ve done “Automatic Writing” and “Unitarianism/Universalism”, as well as “Spirit Guides” :D

My score is therefore 3 out of 48

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Presumably "Superstitions" includes believing in deities?

What arrogant arrant nonsense.
"False Gods" is an option so I'd imagine that in their minds that covers deities?

I understand that it has been designed to give people a clean slate when exploring their Christianity so that they may achieve "Freedom in Christ"

But yes, there is an arrogance about it and I must admit that I find it rather distasteful

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism, Rastafarianism, Druidry, etc. all a-okay according to this list.

Just not Mormonism, JW, Baha'i Faith, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Rosicrucianism.

What's the difference between Islam and "Black Muslim?"

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Almost all of the last item on the list. I'm sorry. I feel so ashamed. Being Jewish I live like a Jew. I'm amazed that non-Christian food isn't on the list.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Almost all of the last item on the list. I'm sorry. I feel so ashamed. Being Jewish I live like a Jew. I'm amazed that non-Christian food isn't on the list.

You're okay, though, because according to this list, you can be a practicing Jew and still have freedom in Christ.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
And I thought Bloody Mary was a drink? :)

Yes, it is. I think it has something to do with tomato juice being related to Satan or something. Or maybe it's celery...or vodka. I can never keep track of these things.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. I think the intention here is if it's not on the list, you're safe.
Ah. That's what I thought, until I saw the last box, which just refers to non-Christian religions in general. So you think one should interpret that only regarding the ones previously mentioned?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah. That's what I thought, until I saw the last box, which just refers to non-Christian religions in general. So you think one should interpret that only regarding the ones previously mentioned?

That was my thought, otherwise, I see the listing of other religions in the list to be rather pointless.

Then again, maybe someone in proofreading the list realized that in addition to the religions listed that they know nothing about, there may be religions that they don't know even now exist, and therefore, those religions are probably evil, too.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That was my thought, otherwise, I see the listing of other religions in the list to be rather pointless.
Being from a smaller religion, I thought it would make sense to just bunch together "all other religions". The larger, more "problematic" ones were pointed out explicitly.