• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non believers do you believe in good & bad deeds ?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why NOT child itself responsible ?

Or you believe in rebirth ? :)

The child has no choice as to whether to be born or not. That's the parents' choice.

I don't believe in rebirth, although even if I did, I would have trouble reconciling the idea that good or bad deeds in a previous life would have any effect on this life. I don't remember any previous life at all, let alone any good or bad deeds I might have done. If there was a past life, I would remember it, and if I can't, then any kind of punishment in this life over things I can't remember would be useless.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its parents choice to give birth to.. baby, NOT certain baby.

So, why responsible ?

Not sure what you mean by "NOT certain baby." The parents choose to give birth to a baby. One thing you mentioned was a comparison of those born in rich families versus poor families. If the parents already know that they're poor and choose to give birth to a baby, then those conditions are solely on them and not the baby. It's the same if they're born in a peaceful country or a country ravaged by war and terror. If they're old enough to have sex and give birth, then they're old enough to know where they are and what the conditions around them are like.

In the case of those who are born physically challenged or with some sort of birth defect, there might be some genetic reason which wouldn't necessarily be the parents' fault (although that would depend on various factors).

If you're looking for some sort of spiritual or religious explanation, there's an old trope about parents blaming it on some "family curse," although that wouldn't necessarily be considered due to any personal fault or blame on the baby itself. Or they might think it's some punishment from God over some sin in their past, but the parent might think it's their own sin, not any sin attributed to the baby, even though the baby still has to suffer for that sin.

Parents might blame each other, such as we see here with Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty blaming each other for their kids being ugly.