• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's Ark

Warren Clark

Informer
I have known very few Christians who take the entire Bible literally. What concerns me is that people are so gung-ho about worrying about those few who do. There are so few, I doubt it even matters. People believing the flood story is 100% literal isn't going to change the world in any way. I believe we have to stop worrying about others believing things that don't matter and worry about people believing things that do matter.

Believing the flood literally happened, doesn't matter. Believing that certain people are "less human" does matter and should be stopped. Believing Adam and Eve were real people, doesn't matter. Believing that some people are "less intelligent" due to race, does matter and should be stopped. We have to CHOOSE what we address, because those "does matter" things are erroneous but also they effect innocent people negatively.

They aren't so few.

One-Third of Americans Believe the Bible Is Literally True

It was something the church I used to go to was proud of... actually every church I have been to.
Jesus would literally come down and there would be a rapture.
The Bible is infallible to many. :thud:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Nope it doesnt work that way.

I got called on this to and now do not use it.

As the mythological water fills and changes the diameter of the earth, the atmosphere expands with it. Thus you would still be at seal level, and not having cold thin air.
But the number of atoms in the air, primarily those of nitrogen and oxygen, would be spread farther apart due to the increase in the circumference of the atmospheric shell, thus making it thinner.
Consider the following diagram and the change in volume of the two shells of air.

Green = present day extent of troposphere (essentially the range of breathable air)

Blue = the repositioned troposphere after the flood.

changeinatmosphereafterflood_zps5d862259.png

And, because water reflects back considerably more sunlight than does ground, with no ground to absorb the warmth of the Sun the air would be much colder.
phjo

outhouse

Atheistically
But the number of atoms in the air, primarily those of nitrogen and oxygen, would be spread farther apart due to the increase in the circumference of the atmospheric shell, thus making it thinner.
Consider the following diagram and the change in volume of the two shells of air.

Green = present day extent of troposphere (essentially the range of breathable air)

Blue = the repositioned troposphere after the flood.

And, because water reflects back considerably more sunlight than does ground, with no ground to absorb the warmth of the Sun the air would be much colder.
phjo

To a point, but sea level would still be seal level, temp may lower slightly but not enough to freeze one out after a few months, or lower o2 levels.