• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahidism and Asatru/Druid

Futhark

does anyone practice an Abrahamic religion and also a pagan religion at the same time?

how do you feel about the law of no Idolatry? and how do you adjust to remaining loyal to the gods and goddesses who provide supernatural blessings.

Do I need to rethink my take on being syncretic since in Noahidism the first law is no idolatry? or do i make an exception?

constructive and insightful feedback welcomed

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Asatru is more of a code/way of living thing right?

Druidry has no prohibitions on other faiths nor is it much more than a philosophy or way.

I'm not aware of idolatry going on in either practice, but I find it strange that you combine them all. Maybe you should just practice, "your way"... :D

Most pagans tend to reject traditional faiths because of the dogma. Is that a consideration? Or are you just standing on all bases, just in case one of them is "out"?

von bek

My advice, fully embrace your paganism. As you say, the first commandment of Moses is to have no other gods before Yahweh. It really is hard to reconcile that with having a full pantheon of gods that you also worship. Why place yourself in a position where you have unneeded mental stress? One thing though that I am curious of is the label of Noahide. Are Noahides bound by the Mosaic law? I thought they weren't. Now, it occurs to me that when you say the first law is no idolatry, you may not be referring to the commandments found in Exodus. I really know little, if anything about Noahidism. (Is that a word?)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
@Futhark, technically only fellow syncretists can respond to this thread. We can move it to the Seekers Circle or Interfaith Discussion for a discussion-based environment that permits more of our members to comment, if you would like.

von bek

@Futhark, technically only fellow syncretists can respond to this thread. We can move it to the Seekers Circle or Interfaith Discussion for a discussion-based environment that permits more of our members to comment, if you would like.

You are right. I'm sorry. Did not notice we were in a DIR.

Futhark

ok that will work the feedback already is inspiring although too.

i just feel that by worshipping the God i have known since i was baptized at age 11 and the newfound pagan gods i found just a few years ago. i feel more connected to the pagan gods and their connection seems more enchanting but at the same time i feel i need to honor my previous engagement without having to give up one or the other

Futhark

and also i got into UFO summoning in the name of Yahweh about a year ago and he has come through for me many times i have a youtube channel of my footage but im not sure if i can link it?