• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah and his Ark - Believe it or Not?

Do you believe the story of the flood and Noah's Ark?

• Yes, I believe the story of the flood and Noah's Ark

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • No, I don't believe the story of the flood and Noah's Ark

Votes: 62 53.9%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

ChrisP

Veteran Member
shesha said:
i dont believe it at all, i have the same questions as robtex, theres no way he could have built a boat that big and fit all those animals, i saw a documentary on it and they did a 3d version of the boat on the computer and a scientist said that he couldnt have made a boat that big because he would have used wood and the boat would have fallen apart in the water within the first week of the flood.
The dimensions of the Ark are given in the Bible. According to Genesis, God gave Noah the schematics.

JerryL

I won't debate it, I am simply stating what I, through my research have come to believe. I see more evidence for a catastrophic global flood than I do for evolution. I know others feel the evidence backs a different view, that is fine, I am just saying what I have come to understand.
Ok. If anyone does want to actually discuss which is right, I'm willing to support and establish my position.

joeboonda

Yeah, I just too tired, just wanted to share what I believed, not wanting to debate right now, just posting my view for the record. You all go ahead, I gotta go rest. Besides, there are many websites with information and evidence to support the story of Noah's Flood. You all have a good night, and God bless you.

evantbeth

Noah's flood is presented as such a sweet story, with pictures of those cute animals walking two-by-two onto the boat . But, in reality, think what a monster god would have to be if he really did drown all those innocent children! What a horrible death.

joeboonda

It is sad that the children died, I know they are in Heaven but still sad. What a monster God would be if he had let the children live to be abused by an obsenely wicked generation. They must have been really evil folks, for God to be so grieved by them. I was not there, but I do believe the story, and yes, I was leaving, but was making one last look through the theads, lol. I know God loves and cares for us, he is not a monster. Do not believe that, he cares for you deeply as I am sure he wanted to care for them too, althought they turned away from them, and became exceedingly wicked, beyond what we may even imagine. Have some faith, God loves us and died for us, He knows what He's doing, we will understand more clearly someday. Love to you all!

Sincerely,

Joeboonda

evantbeth

At the bottom of your reply you have this quote. "The fool asks more questions than the wise man has time to answer:cool: " It seems to me that the religious are always trying to suppress questions. If they truly had the truth, I think they would welcome questions. Instead, they teach that God will forgive anything, murder, rape...Anything that is except not having faith. Above everything else, don't question.

joeboonda said:
It is sad that the children died, I know they are in Heaven but still sad. What a monster God would be if he had let the children live to be abused by an obsenely wicked generation. They must have been really evil folks, for God to be so grieved by them. I was not there, but I do believe the story, and yes, I was leaving, but was making one last look through the theads, lol. I know God loves and cares for us, he is not a monster. Do not believe that, he cares for you deeply as I am sure he wanted to care for them too, althought they turned away from them, and became exceedingly wicked, beyond what we may even imagine. Have some faith, God loves us and died for us, He knows what He's doing, we will understand more clearly someday. Love to you all!

Sincerely,

Joeboonda

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think the Flood Story is a myth, but I'm not sure what the point of the myth is. Does anyone have an interpretation of it? What's the moral, if any, that we're supposed to draw from it?

JerryL

What a monster God would be if he had let the children live to be abused by an obsenely wicked generation.
But there are children abused by obsenely wicked people. So if your premise is true, you've proven that God is a monster.

greatcalgarian

Sunstone said:
I think the Flood Story is a myth, but I'm not sure what the point of the myth is. Does anyone have an interpretation of it? What's the moral, if any, that we're supposed to draw from it?
The moral behind it?

Well, God made some mistakes while creating the world initially (Genesis until Noah time) , and He has come up with a brilliant idea of to start off with a clean slate (or some say to give human being a second chance). The way He chose to do it was quite drastic. However, we can all see that His purpose of wiping off evil and let the chosen Noah fqmily start a new life and with the hope of recreating Garden of Eden did not work as well.

So the moral behind it is that, good and bad have to live side by side. You cannot have good without evil no matter how you do it, even the omnipotent God could not make the world perfect.:D

Remember, the bible is written by human being. So everything the bible told us is about human thought and philosophy for those writing the bible during their time.

well i would have to be honest so
there was a recent update not to many months ago
on history channel where they seemed to have found noah's ark
the mountain's location is very stable and firm so i would have to say yes i believe the past event happened.
a mountain and coral grow at/around the same times so it's hard to debate nature as well as we shouldn't dealt with it by god's hand or not i love nature and the next person to go against it is one h*** of an idiot (no offense anyone :biglaugh: ).
also i have thought over many things and i enjoy learning from religous events like the crusades and im still learning about the celts (who i think are the strongest form of oldest religous groups of people) their cross works are so involved and well made with the look of nature i think they have a good connection with noah himself.
feel free to debate my thoughts but im not going to argue :sarcastic

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
do you have the name of the program that clamed to find Noah's Ark?
It has been clamed several times, all have been found to be shall we say... lacking in the evidence department.

wa:do

may

Sunstone said:
that God will not tolarate immorality , violence and ruining of the earth, and because he has great love for mankind , and for those who are upright in his eyes he has to protect them, but he always gives people the chance to change there ways and get into a place of safety. the times we are now living in are the same as noahs day , and there is a place of safety so we can be saved in the great tribulation . but the question is ,do we listen to the saving message ,or are we like the people of noahs day and take no note
For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. matthew 24;37-39

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
greatcalgarian said:
The moral behind it?

Well, God made some mistakes while creating the world initially (Genesis until Noah time) , and He has come up with a brilliant idea of to start off with a clean slate (or some say to give human being a second chance). The way He chose to do it was quite drastic. However, we can all see that His purpose of wiping off evil and let the chosen Noah fqmily start a new life and with the hope of recreating Garden of Eden did not work as well.

So the moral behind it is that, good and bad have to live side by side. You cannot have good without evil no matter how you do it, even the omnipotent God could not make the world perfect.:D

Remember, the bible is written by human being. So everything the bible told us is about human thought and philosophy for those writing the bible during their time.
I must admit that is the way I have always seen it; a fresh start.;)

painted wolf said:
do you have the name of the program that clamed to find Noah's Ark?
It has been clamed several times, all have been found to be shall we say... lacking in the evidence department.

ah yes it was history channel ;)
one i dont doubt listening to

greatcalgarian

blood-lord14 said:
ah yes it was history channel ;)
one i dont doubt listening to
There were many things reported in the History Channel that were questionable:woohoo: . Be skeptical, and check out their sources.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I saw a show over Thanksgiving on the "History" Channel about Russian UFO's...

They clamed that Tunguska was caused by an exploding alien mothership, that is now convieniently in a secret Russian base... They said it had to be a UFO because no meteorite was found.
Fragments of the Tunguska object have been recovered by recent expideitions...no UFO fragments have ever been found by any of the scientific teams however. :cool:

If Noahs Ark had actually been found don't you think it would be major front page news?
Christians, Jews and Muslims would all love to hear about it.

JerryL

They clamed that Tunguska was caused by an exploding alien mothership, that is now convieniently in a secret Russian base...
The Bible claims that Jerico's walls were brought down by God, and the Illiad claims that Zeus was responsable for the fall of Troy. Mythology has been working from real events for melennia.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Any reason to think God of the Bible is any more or less likely to be valid than Zeus?

B.

they both pretty much play the same role
it's like have two apples compete,wortless time but even status
so replace them
:biglaugh: i mean whynot and by the way most "satanists" are more atheist than you know they just enjoy the art,events,music of any "real" satanist.
noah's ark is such a valuable find
almost anyone can duplcate the works of noah himself
because it says in the bible what must be used wood,tar,animals,linside lights,and windows.
maybe noah was really the first person to invent the light bulb since god said their must be a light in the ark but im not going to argue the facts.

joeboonda

evantbeth said:
At the bottom of your reply you have this quote. "The fool asks more questions than the wise man has time to answer:cool: " It seems to me that the religious are always trying to suppress questions. If they truly had the truth, I think they would welcome questions. Instead, they teach that God will forgive anything, murder, rape...Anything that is except not having faith. Above everything else, don't question.
Lol, yeah thats true, I need to lose that, I put it there, because, sometimes when people debate, they will ask like a hundred questions they dont intend for you to answer, that it would take forever to answer, and so they know they can win the debate with just asking more questions than you have time to answer, lol.

I do believe one should seriously question their faith, like they say, when it comes to religion you should not check your mind at the door. I would say, seek to know the truth, honestly and with all your heart, and the Bible says, you will find it.

Thanks

Joeboonda